News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Ebay -- changing a ship-to address

Started by poplar1, June 13, 2018, 09:07:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

poplar1

How do you change a buyer's shipping address in Canada to one in the US?

On the page for printing ebay shipping labels, the country is grayed out and cannot be changed.

Called ebay and they said to change it on sales record. I did so, but when I click on the print label tab at bottom of sales record, it goes to the same shipping label pag as before, and the address has reverted to the Canadian one.

"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

LarryInMichigan

I don't know if the seller can change the shipping address, but the buyer can add additional shipping addresses, and either the buyer or seller can choose which shipping address to use.  I have bought one or two things to be shipped to someone else and managed to make it work that way.  Ebay is constantly changing their rules and website design though, so what worked one day may be gone the next.

Larry

Ktownphoneco

My first thought is that eBay is so wound up over security for both seller and buyer these days, it would seem logical that the only one who could change the shipping address is the buyer.     It would just seem "odd" that the eBay system would allow a seller to do that.

Jeff Lamb

HarrySmith

EBay will only ship to the buyers address that is on record. As already stated, the buyer has an option to add several addresses and choose which one he wants to ship to.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

wds

I have shipped many times to alternate addresses.  It seems like when you're creating the shipping label it would let me make the change there.
Dave

poplar1

Update:
Buyer said he added the US address to his Ebay account, but I never could see it as an option when trying to purchase an ebay label.

However, I was able to purchase a paypal label AND change the address from Canada to US.

In the past, I never used paypal labels because they were more expensive than the same Ebay labels, and paypal did not offer the regional A flat rate priority mail boxes, which are the boxes I use most often (2-pound price for up to 15 lbs!). However, the $10.65  paypal label price for 5 lbs. USPS priority  GA-MA (Zone 5) is actually cheaper than ebay label or click-n-ship.

USPS click-n-ship is now the same price as the counter prices, at least for domestic packages.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.