News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Finally got my Gray 500!

Started by Dan, May 27, 2009, 10:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McHeath

Nice looking phone, that's a fine soft gray color. 

Jester

I really like that one, Dan-- especially the dial card.  Do you know where this phone was used?  Beaumont, TX had a TWinbrook exchange, but early numbers were TW2 or TW8.  I don't think they went to 6 until the prefixes went all numeric.
Stephen

Dan

You are going to love this, Jester! The dial card is NOT Original. It is a custom dial card from Sargeguy.  I asked my aunt her old exchange # from the early 60's and she remembered "twinbrook'. Look at the "classified section." I got one off him. This is my exchange. I bought a card from him and made a copy of it (I save the original as a master) on yellow thick paper (got it @ Staples). You get a bunch of different styles. It really dresses up your phone.
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Dan

Quote from: Dennis Markham on June 03, 2009, 11:07:44 PM
Dan, that is a nice looking telephone.  You can scratch that off your list of phone you need.  You don't see a lot of them out there in Light Gray.

Thanks. I thought my wife came through big time for me as a friend gave her a "turquoise" for me . It was dated 1965, it even looked TURQUOISE, but it's just another yellowed aqua blue. I'm not going to clean her up too much  because if the dial didn't say 7C-62 , you would swear it was turquoise. Even the cord is "turquoise".
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Dennis Markham

It's funny how "turquoise" those yellowed aqua sets look.  I guess blue and yellow make green....turquoise green in the case of plastic telephones!

McHeath

Yeah my agua 1500 was one heck of a "turquoise" phone when I got it.  You could have even called it some sort of light green.