News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Yard Sale WE ATT 51 AL Find!

Started by Doug Rose, September 22, 2018, 02:26:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Jan went yard saling this morning. She called me about a NOS #6 dial and NOS Rotary Blue butsett. She did not mention the WE 51AL with ATT cup and ATT Marked receiver she got for $2 along with the NOS #6 dial and an extra Bulldog with cup and another WE empty receiver. All for $2.

For $5 more she got a NOS Bell System Rotary Blue buttset in box and they threw in a Blue TT Harris that I don't think was ever used. The Harris is just like the first butt set I ever had in the field. What a haul for $7.

The stick was in parts...no hookswitch so I found a woodie hks from my parts. This looks really nice....paint is superb. Bottom cover is perfect.....WOW!  what a girl.....Doug
Kidphone

tubaman

She's a real star Doug!
Shame we don't have quality yard sales like that in the UK.
:)

Doug Rose

I can't remember the last time I found a phone at a yard sale. Kind of why I stopped going to them. This a cool find, but  it would be a display as it has parts missing or needed. The receiver is great with a really nice cord. Bottom cover is great. The brass painted black is very nice.

Bad is the harness is wrong and incomplete and wrong hookswitch (all I had).  So it will probably be sold as parts. ....Doug
Kidphone

poplar1

"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Doug Rose

Kidphone

oldguy

Good $7.00 investment. So do you take Jan out to dinner for her reward?😀😀
Gary

Partyline4

Someone got robbed blind!  8)

Great catch. I wish I was a morning person to hit those sails like that..

maybe in my old age  ::)

Doug Rose

Quote from: oldguy on September 23, 2018, 10:07:09 PM
Good $7.00 investment. So do you take Jan out to dinner for her reward?😀😀
Gary....matter of fact I did. Dinner was a wash for what we sold the base for on CL. But I still kept a real nice receiver and a perfect NOS Blue buttset still in the box. It was a win win...Doug
Kidphone