News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

No battery in a Panasonic KX-T61610?

Started by podor, September 12, 2015, 10:18:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TelePlay

For posterity, here is the comparison . . .

So, is that a lifetime battery? The battery is expected to outlive the 616? That doesn't seem right being a battery that does not recharge and being in circuit 24/7 from installation. Any thoughts?

unbeldi

Quote from: TelePlay on September 25, 2015, 10:09:10 PM
For posterity, here is the comparison . . .

So, is that a lifetime battery? The battery is expected to outlive the 616? That doesn't seem right being a battery that does not recharge and being in circuit 24/7 from installation. Any thoughts?

It's been done routinely in PCs and other equipment.  They consider this is not a field-maintenance task.
This type of battery is 5-times higher in capacity, and considering that some of my batteries appear original and still work, means it takes a very long time to exhaust them.  Every piece of equipment has a design lifetime.
Perhaps they also changed the type SRAM in this new design, that requires even less standby current.

The board is definitely redesigned, as we see from your side-by-side comparison.

podor

Actually I have. I turned it off for about an hour. Long story short, some friends' kids were driving my wife crazy with all the rining. It never occurred to me to see if anything was stored from the previous owner. I think it was in the stock programing when I got it. I set the time before I got the programing phone, so it was correct when I stared with the rest of the programing.

podor

Just an update, we have lost power about 4 times since this was discussed and the unit retained its memory. The longest was about 3 hours.