News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Best way to wire up a collection? (PBX)

Started by AL_as_needed, May 03, 2016, 02:46:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pourme

My $25, 616 came in today. I really like how easy it was to take the 308 off the wall and just slip the 616 in it's place. The unit was described as "untested"...A brief test shows it to be in working order. I haven't tested each of the connections yet, but the ones I did work perfectly, which is good because there is a sticker that says the warranty runs out on 4/06.
I do have at least 2 phones that I switched the polarity on that will have to switch back, but that's OK.

I have a 7030 program phone due to be delivered tomorrow to allow me to play with it a bit more!...This is fun!

Benny

Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

oldguy

Hey Benny, did you get your KX-T7030? Have played with it yet? I keep getting out bit, probably because I'm cheap.
Gary

Pourme

Quote from: oldguy on June 11, 2016, 11:58:35 AM
Hey Benny, did you get your KX-T7030? Have played with it yet? I keep getting out bit, probably because I'm cheap.

I did get it...It isn't working...I have requested a refund. My first experience like this... :(
Benny

TelePlay

Quote from: Pourme on June 11, 2016, 09:40:14 PM
I did get it...It isn't working...I have requested a refund. My first experience like this... :(

Did it come with a line cord? Is it the right one to use as a programming phone? Does the phone work on your land line directly? Is the switch set correctly for use as a phone on your landline? IIRC, the phone requires 4 wires when used in port 11, the black and yellow (IIRC) are for the display and programming. Others who know better can correct me and ask better questions, or better phrased questions.

AE_Collector

Yes I think there is a whole bunch of things that need to be confirmed first before deciding that the phone is DOA when trying to plug it directly into a port on the KSU. Start by ensuring that it is the correct phone for your version if the KSU and that the cord is 4 conductors not 2. The polarity of the cord may be a factor as well.

I think this is the topic where this was discussed extensively:
http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=15595.0

Terry

Pourme

I had very little time to check the phone out, I will look at it again tomorrow...I could Get a dial tone and generate a number response with my 1045A but couldn't make it ring..... It didn't come with a line cord...the one I used was a 4 conductor cord. I hooked it up to my magic jack line with no dial tone. I will try it with the land line next.

Thanks for the help....

Benny
Benny

unbeldi

Quote from: Pourme on June 12, 2016, 10:03:06 PM
I had very little time to check the phone out, I will look at it again tomorrow...I could Get a dial tone and generate a number response with my 1045A but couldn't make it ring..... It didn't come with a line cord...the one I used was a 4 conductor cord. I hooked it up to my magic jack line with no dial tone. I will try it with the land line next.

Thanks for the help....

Benny

These phones do not ring on a pots line. When connected to the PBX, the ringing is generated from a digital command.  Only analog phones are rung via the center pair, like a POTS line.  However, dialing out should work, and you should hear the touch tone pad generate DTMF tones.

Pourme

Once again the forum phone whispers saved my skin!...Took a nice long look today and the 7030 was suffering from operator failure. Everything is in working order and I withdrew my return request on EBAY and apologized to the seller. Now I need to study the program changes that are possible and determine what new tricks I want train my 616 to do!

Thanks for the help everybody!

Benny
Benny

unbeldi

Quote from: Pourme on June 13, 2016, 04:57:41 PM
Once again the forum phone whispers saved my skin!...Took a nice long look today and the 7030 was suffering from operator failure. Everything is in working order and I withdrew my return request on EBAY and apologized to the seller. Now I need to study the program changes that are possible and determine what new tricks I want train my 616 to do!

Thanks for the help everybody!

Benny
For the benefit of future new readers, it might help them if you describe your error, as they very likely might run into similar problems.

I recently also thought that my 30830 phone had died, until I remembered to position that particular PBX unit to the upright position, rather than laying it flat on the floor. Apparently some relay in the unit is getting weak or sticky, but works well in the intended (and probably accustomed) position.

Pourme

Quote from: unbeldi on June 13, 2016, 05:10:41 PM
For the benefit of future new readers, it might help them if you describe your error, as they very likely might run into similar problems.

I recently also thought that my 30830 phone had died, until I remembered to position that particular PBX unit to the upright position, rather than laying it flat on the floor. Apparently some relay in the unit is getting weak or sticky, but works well in the intended (and probably accustomed) position.

I am a bit puzzled myself as to what I did wrong. unbeldi. Could it had been as simple as not plugging the program phone into line 11? I was testing it on my work bench jack that was routed into line 12. I tested on a open Magic Jack line earlier but have not tried it again today.
Benny

unbeldi

Quote from: Pourme on June 13, 2016, 08:01:53 PM
I am a bit puzzled myself as to what I did wrong. unbeldi. Could it had been as simple as not plugging the program phone into line 11? I was testing it on my work bench jack that was routed into line 12. I tested on a open Magic Jack line earlier but have not tried it again today.

I don't know....  but it should have worked as a phone on any of the ports just fine, displaying date and time right away.

oldguy

So Benny, have you had any fun with your KX-T7030 yet.
Gary

Pourme

Quote from: oldguy on June 20, 2016, 10:53:37 PM
So Benny, have you had any fun with your KX-T7030 yet.

I haven't had a lot of time lately but, I did figure out how to begin. I read a lot of owner's manual information. I figured out I had to set the 616 on program as well as the 7030 at the same time. I think I need a different card to place over the keys that liable them for programming purposes. I was able to set the date and time. That doesn't sound like much but I do understand a lot more about the system as a result.

I'm still reading when I can to figure out how I would like to configure the system. There are a lot of options baked in!
Benny

Jim Stettler

Quote from: Pourme on June 21, 2016, 09:20:07 PM
I think I need a different card to place over the keys that liable them for programming purposes.

I think there is a copy of the "keypad overlay" in the manual.
ISTR
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Pourme

Benny