News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Best way to wire up a collection? (PBX)

Started by AL_as_needed, May 03, 2016, 02:46:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldguy

We need to see more pictures of your room.
Gary

AL_as_needed

I know we have w gotten in the PBX side of things, but I just discovered something on my XLink. I was able to find the right USB cord and downloaded the software from the maker (xtreme tech) and it actually has voltage settings for vintage phones as well as a polarity switching option. I can set pulse rate, ring cycle/pattern, as well as transmit and receive volume. Pretty cool.
TWinbrook7

Pourme

Thanks!
It looks at home there...The work bench is just out of the pic on the left...makes it convenient as well...
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

Pourme

Quote from: oldguy on May 19, 2016, 03:11:09 PM
We need to see more pictures of your room.
It's a small room that also serves as storage for dry goods....I may post a few pics....I remember seeing a thread for that...
Benny

TelePlay

Quote from: Pourme on May 19, 2016, 08:44:06 PM
It's a small room that also serves as storage for dry goods....I may post a few pics....I remember seeing a thread for that...

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?board=68.0

oldguy

I decided to go with the KX-T 61610 since it doesn't have the polarity issue. found one on eBay asking price $40. I offered him $25 & he took it. $25.00 + $18.25 shipping. there are more inexpensive ones on eBay right now. I will try to sell my 308 after I get It's replacement. I wanted to wire some of the house phones plus my display phones, so 16 will work out better.
Gary

Pourme

Sounds like a wise choice....keep us posted, I'm curious how you like it
Benny

Pourme

Benny

oldguy

Gary

Owain

You can probably piggyback the 308 onto the 616 if you want to have 8 phones in one location and only need 1 pair back to the main 616 pbx.

The 308 phones would have to dial double 9 for outside line or 9xxx for main pbx extensions

AE_Collector

We had that but in a bit larger scale in Vancouver. The entire university campus was a big Centrex PBX. Then there were some private PBX's in some research facilities associated with the university and on the university campus. This was late 70's early 80's when we put in a new electronic PBX at one of these facilities. I had a friend who worked there and later he mentioned that to dial his girlfriend some 30 miles away he had to pick up his extension, dial 9 to get out to the PBX to the university Centrex, dial 9 to get out of the University to the Area CO and then dial his girlfriend who's number was something like 939-99something 9. He was worried about the life expectancy of the "9" on his new phone. I told him to be glad he no longer had his old rotary dial phone!

Terry

Pourme

Quote from: AE_Collector on May 21, 2016, 06:08:00 PM
We had that but in a bit larger scale in Vancouver. The entire university campus was a big Centrex PBX. Then there were some private PBX's in some research facilities associated with the university and on the university campus. This was late 70's early 80's when we put in a new electronic PBX at one of these facilities. I had a friend who worked there and later he mentioned that to dial his girlfriend some 30 miles away he had to pick up his extension, dial 9 to get out to the university Centrex, dial 9 to get out of the University to the Area CO and then dial his girlfriend who's number was something like 939-99something 9. He was worried about the life expectancy of the "9" on his new phone. I told him to be glad he no longer had his old rotary dial phone!

Terry

Funny!.......
Benny

oldguy

I didn't know that could be done. Sounds like a good idea, thanks Owain. Do I plug the 308 CO1 into Ext.11 on the 616?
Gary

unbeldi

Quote from: oldguy on May 21, 2016, 10:09:01 PM
I didn't know that could be done. Sounds like a good idea, thanks Owain. Do I plug the 308 CO1 into Ext.11 on the 616?

Sure, but you may want to select another port if you want to install a proprietary Panasonic telephone for configuring the unit, which can only be done from the first port.

Each station port on the PBX is essentially like a central office line to the telephone, or another PBX if chained.
Now you have your own central office and telephone network.

oldguy

I wasn't thinking (normal) maybe because I don't have a proprietary Panasonic telephone yet but I put in a bid on a 7030.
Gary