"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Best way to wire up a collection? (PBX)

Started by AL_as_needed, May 03, 2016, 02:46:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pourme

Quote from: Pourme on May 24, 2016, 06:07:20 PM
What I did, Gary was raised my max bid to $35 in case someone wanted to bid...I didn't want to make it quite so easy for them to win...I got it for the $25 bid...I'm happy!...I'm trying to find out what program phones he has to sell...so far today he has yet to respond to my query...

And, YES!...phones should indeed be fun!

The seller,  ulises712, said he had a 7030 phone "make me a offer"...I offered $15 to add to the 616. I thought he would counter. He should price his msd not me. Each response took him 24 hours to reply. He said the 616 wasn't working properly asked me not to pay until he could check it out first. I asked him why he didn't check it out before he listed it. He canceled the sale. I think he had seller's remorse because I was the only bidder at $25.

I wish I could post feedback but, the purchase was canceled and I can't. I messed around with this guy all week. I will look to see if he relists.
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

oldguy

Too bad Benny, I guess it wasn't ment to be. Keep looking, there will be more inexpensive ones coming up.
Gary

TelePlay

Quote from: Pourme on May 26, 2016, 06:10:08 PM
I think he had seller's remorse because I was the only bidder at $25.

The seller might have seem more bids had the seller included more photos of the 616, with at least one being the inside.

Seller description said among other things, "It works well when closed my office but it is sold as is". Sold as is means it might not be working so why is the seller testing the 616 for working order after the auction ended and the item sold?

And if it wasn't working when  received by the buyer, it would have been on the buyer because the listing also said sold as is and the seller does not offer returns.

Very interesting turn of events by the seller. You would have more to stand on for shipment to you had you paid for the 616 right away. $38 for a non-working 616 is a bit of a burn but $38 for a working 616 would have been a deal.

A quick check of eBay for "sold" 616s show prices range from $40 to $145 including shipping. Will be interesting to see if the seller tries again and at what price.

oldguy

Benny, can you contact eBay & get him to sell it to you. From what I have read & from my experience (only 2) even the untested ones usually work. Just a thought. At this point I'm sorry I suggested it but it seemed like a good deal, the shipping was even low. 
Gary

Pourme

Quote from: oldguy on May 27, 2016, 02:55:04 PM
Benny, can you contact eBay & get him to sell it to you. From what I have read & from my experience (only 2) even the untested ones usually work. Just a thought. At this point I'm sorry I suggested it but it seemed like a good deal, the shipping was even low. 
Quote from: TelePlay on May 27, 2016, 12:05:03 AM
The seller might have seem more bids had the seller included more photos of the 616, with at least one being the inside.

Seller description said among other things, "It works well when closed my office but it is sold as is". Sold as is means it might not be working so why is the seller testing the 616 for working order after the auction ended and the item sold?

And if it wasn't working when  received by the buyer, it would have been on the buyer because the listing also said sold as is and the seller does not offer returns.

Very interesting turn of events by the seller. You would have more to stand on for shipment to you had you paid for the 616 right away. $38 for a non-working 616 is a bit of a burn but $38 for a working 616 would have been a deal.

A quick check of eBay for "sold" 616s show prices range from $40 to $145 including shipping. Will be interesting to see if the seller tries again and at what price.

I have no proof but, my gut feeling is that he thought it went too cheap....I think he backed out so he could relist it later and get more...As I said, no evidence to support this theory....

My 308 is working flawlessly & I am in no hurry...
Benny

Pourme

After my close call in the purchase of a 616 last week, I am currently the high bidder on another one from a different bidder now at $24.99. Bid ends Fri am....

This one was offered last week for 29.95 with no bidders. It returned this week at the lower price.

Fingers crossed this time.
Benny

oldguy

Good luck Benny. I see you bid twice on this one too.
Gary

Pourme

Quote from: oldguy on May 31, 2016, 05:52:43 PM
Good luck Benny. I see you bid twice on this one too.

I did the same thing again, I made the min bid then decided to place a higher bid later...It shows up as two bids....
Benny

TelePlay

Quote from: Pourme on May 31, 2016, 07:27:42 PM
I did the same thing again, I made the min bid then decided to place a higher bid later...It shows up as two bids....

Benny,

Congrats on winning that 616 yesterday. I'm surprised no one else bid on it. Might have been the unknown of it working or not. I see it does have a battery that can be replaced and it's a Ver 3. A very good price plus low shipping so fingers are crossed that it is in good working order when you get it. Let us know when it arrives.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Panasonic-Easa-Phone-616-Electronic-Modular-Switch-System-KX-T61610-/381651040472

Pourme

Thanks John!...I agree with your assessment. The seller has sold about a "million" electronic pieces and currently has more pages of electronic pieces available than I have time to browse. Based on his experience and reputation I thought it was worth a chance.

I will let you know what I find when it arrives!

Benny
Benny

oldguy

Congratulations Benny, I'm glad you didn't out bid yourself ;)  Both my 308 & 616 were listed as untested & work fine. from what I have heard & my experience they seem to be almost indestructible.  Now that you have 2, 308 & 616, you will have to expand your horizons :)  I'm thinking of putting my 308 over by my payphones when I get them all working.
Gary

Pourme

Hmmmm....I was wondering what to do with the 308....
Benny

RotarDad

Benny - You should be fine with that 616.  I bought mine several years back with only the knowledge that it powered up (lights came on with the switch).  It still works great.  The consensus on the forum then, was that if it powers up, most likely the unit is good.  As land lines disappear, I can't imagine not having one of these to keep the old phones working!
Paul

Pourme

I have my fingers crossed, Paul...you do have a point...any serious collector should have a PBX to make use of the phones...
Benny

andre_janew

There are some serious collectors on this forum that have 500 or more phones.  I'm not even close to that number yet.  I've often wondered how many of those phones they have hooked up at one time.  I can't imagine them having all 500 hooked up at one time.  If they do, it must be awfully noisy when they get a call!