News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Panasonic KX-T30810 & KX-T61610 PBX Units, Programming Telephones and Manuals

Started by TelePlay, May 31, 2016, 08:54:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TelePlay

Thanks to unbeldi for one of his recent posts and all the others who have discussed phones that can be used with a 308/616 PBX systems. This topic was created to compile information provide by members for those who want to quickly find the phones they want to use to program either unit. In many posts, the phrase "which phone will work with . . ." was really asking which phones can be used to program a 308/616. Since "most" of the "modern era" phones can be used with 308/616 systems to make or receive calls, this topic is meant to provide a list of phones that can be used to program a 308/616 unit.

This list will be updated with additions, corrections or errors posted by members by way of replies to this topic. And, discussion of any phones used with a 308/616 can be part of this easy to find "sticky" topic.

Panasonic 308/616 Programming Telephones

KX-T30830
KX-T61630     [ Operating Instructions ]
KX-T123230
KX-T7030     [ Reference Manual; Service Manual; Operating Instructions ]
KX-T7130

Panasonic Telephones that can not be used to Program a 308/616

KX-T30820
KX-T30850
KX-T61620
KX-T61650
KX-T123220
KX-T123250
KX-T7020
KX-T7050
KX-T7120
KX-T7150

Panasonic KX-T30810 Manuals

Installation Manual
Service Manual (V1)
Station User Guide for TT and Rotary Telephones

Panasonic KX-T30810 Version 3 Manuals

KX-T30810 Version 3 Installation and Operation Manual for Added and Changed Features
KX-T30810,61610,123211D Version 3 Program Codes

Panasonic KX-T61610 Manuals

Installation Manual
Service Manual (V1)
Station User Guide

Panasonic KX-T61610 Version 3 Manuals

KX-T30810,61610,123211D Version 3 Program Codes

Panasonic PBX Equipment Summary

PBX Units and Associated Telephones

========================

Panasonic KX-TDA30 (HYBRID IP-PBX) Manuals **

Installation Manual:  http://www.exteradirect.co.uk/download/product/001719/KXTDA30_install_manual.pdf

Programming Manual:  http://ict3.com/Data/KX-TDA100/PT_Programming_Manual.pdf

User Manual:  https://www.bctcommunicationsystems.ca/assets/user-manual-kxtda-30-600.pdf

========================

Attribution: Most of the above information was taken from forum posts by unbeldi. The forum thanks him for his contributions.

** Extracted from FABphones post where the pdf manuals have also been attached in case the above links ever go bad

oldguy

Thanks for making this a "sticky" John. Before I had to try to remember what thread had unbeldi's chart & then dig through it until I found it. It wasn't always the 1st thread I picked.
Gary

poplar1

Is there something proprietary -- that allows programming -- only on the display models? Or, is it just more convenient to see what you are programming? In other words, can I remove ringing for outside calls from certain stations without a display phone?

When we installed Comdial analog key systems, such as the E34PT, we techs asked the account managers to order at least one display phone for programming, but, since they made twice as much as we did, they had the last word, and usually didn't listen to us.  So we did sometimes have to make feature changes without the luxury of a display phone, which had to be on port 10 or12. This was done by dialing a code for the feature, then the station number(s) that you were programming to receive that feature.  I tried to leave port 12 unassigned so we could bring our own display phone to program with on later service orders. If the system was programmed with all non-display phones, enabling the display feature on one station port would erase all the other programming (line assignments, ringing assignments, etc) on that particular phone, so that was not a good idea. (One feature that we always had to program: changing system flash time from 2.0 seconds to 0.8 or something similar, in order to access Centrex features such as transfer.)
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

unbeldi

Quote from: poplar1 on June 01, 2016, 07:18:12 PM
Is there something proprietary -- that allows programming -- only on the display models? Or, is it just more convenient to see what you are programming? In other words, can I remove ringing for outside calls from certain stations without a display phone?

It is not just having the convenience of the display.  Those phones have a switch for program mode on the side that reassigns the functions of the keys around the key pad.  PS: I am sorry, the switch is actually not for 'programming' the PBX, but for the local feature set.  The switch for configuring the system is on the PBX of course, and the phone automatically enters the mode.  So, we have to still test the question whether it is possible to use a non-display phone for this.

For this, Panasonic made a keypad overlay with the new key designations for this mode.

PS: here is a screenshot of a home-made overlay in OpenOffice  I can't attach it, because the file type .ods is not configured in the forum. Attaching it as zip-compresses file works.

unbeldi

Even if one of the other (30820, 30850, 61620, 61650...) proprietary phones without LCD understand the options protocol to the PBX, and can send the proper signals to the PBX for configuration, it would be rather difficult to keep track of the position in the sequences that need to be entered.  Some require that one sees the current value configured and then simply toggle the display to the desired value, this would be rather difficult without knowing the current state of the option.  A factory reset would be in order for some certainty, wiping all options.