News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

KX-T61610 from Goodwill

Started by oldguy, June 06, 2017, 07:20:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldguy

I picked up a KX-T 61610 from Shopgoodwill.com. Purchase price $7.99 + $15.24 shipping + $3.00 handling = $26.23. It came today. Everything seems to work. All the ports have a dial tone & I called back & forth between a few & worked well. I haven't tried programming it yet but even if it doesn't the default programming is fine with me. I'm a happy camper.
Gary

Fabius

Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

TelePlay

Quote from: oldguy on June 06, 2017, 07:20:21 PM
I haven't tried programming it yet but even if it doesn't the default programming is fine with me. I'm a happy camper.

Yes, very nice price for a working unit. And, remember, you need a special "programming capable" phone in the first port and Version 1 Programming Manual.

If you aren't already aware of this topic, it should have everything you need.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=16290.0

Alex G. Bell

Quote from: oldguy on June 06, 2017, 07:20:21 PM
I picked up a KX-T 61610 from Shopgoodwill.com. Purchase price $7.99 + $15.24 shipping + $3.00 handling = $26.23. It came today. Everything seems to work. All the ports have a dial tone & I called back & forth between a few & worked well. I haven't tried programming it yet but even if it doesn't the default programming is fine with me. I'm a happy camper.
Many of these that are perfectly OK get replaced because the owner wants to have CID.  OTOH I've seen ones with flaky power supplies which reset themselves randomly for no apparent reason, dropping all calls.  I'd let it run indefinitely before assuming it works reliably.  Fortunately full manuals with schematics are out there for at least some 616 models.  Not sure about the 61610 specifically.

oldguy

My other 616s are version 3 this one is a 1, I don't know what the difference is. I already have a programming phone & cable, just don't have the time right now to test it. I will let it run for a few days to see if the power supply is ok, thanks John & Alex.
Gary

mentalstampede

Very nice, especially for such a low price.
My name is Kenn, and I like telephones.

"Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something." --Robert Heinlein

Pourme

Good for you, Oldguy....

Glad you found this!
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

oldguy

thanks guys, I was very happy with my purchase.
Gary