"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Panasonic 616

Started by paul-f, December 11, 2012, 12:23:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gpo706

Quote from: poplar1 on January 14, 2013, 09:23:20 PM
Does the cascading happen only on single line ("Industry Standard") phones or also on the proprietary multi-line Panasonic phones?

I don't know if I am reading you right, but my prop phone (7130) is on 21, another phone is on 27, and a Dictograph on 36, the only three numbers I programmed to ring on incoming calls, and they all cascade.
"now this should take five minutes, where's me screwdriver went now..?"

Phonesrfun

David W. mentioned dialing ? for a specific outside line, instead of dialing 9 to get the first available outside line.  On my 616, and I assume the same on the 308, you dial 81 to get outside line 1, 82 for outside line 2 and so forth.

-Bill G

poplar1

21 would ring first (21, 25, 29, and 33 ring together)
                             (22, 26, 30 and 34 ring together next)
27 next                  (23, 27, 31 and 35 ring together)
36 last                   (24, 28, 32, 36 ring together)
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Doug Rose

Just in case anyone need a softcopy of the manual....Doug
Kidphone

poplar1

Doug, thanks for posting the link for the installation manual.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

m1898

Other than ebay, what are some good sources (re:cheap) for the 616?
"Oh lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, I get better looking each day"

twocvbloke

Quote from: m1898 on November 24, 2013, 12:13:02 AM
Other than ebay, what are some good sources (re:cheap) for the 616?

Local businesses upgrading, auction houses, swapmeets, etc.... :)

Fabius

Don't forget Craigslist.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

HarrySmith

Question on the Panasonic PBX. I have never unplugged mine or turned it off since I got it. Do you leave yours on all the time or do you shut it down when not in use? I will sometimes go weeks without using it. I was curious if disconnecting it may extend the life or not. I seem to recall a discussion somewhere stating they were not meant to turn off & on but I could not find it.
What's your opinion?
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Doug Rose

Quote from: HarrySmith on August 04, 2021, 08:11:16 AM
Question on the Panasonic PBX. I have never unplugged mine or turned it off since I got it. Do you leave yours on all the time or do you shut it down when not in use? I will sometimes go weeks without using it. I was curious if disconnecting it may extend the life or not. I seem to recall a discussion somewhere stating they were not meant to turn off & on but I could not find it.
What's your opinion?
Harry....I leave it on 24 x 7. Two ports I use on my test bench.

The Rotary phones I have working, I use the spare pairs in my house cable to location so I can dial out and keep the cordless phones separate....Doug
Kidphone