News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Latest Ebay find - w.e. B1

Started by wds, May 15, 2015, 05:49:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wds

I'm having a great week on Ebay for a change.  Picked this up from a BIN for $85.  #2HB with an no-notch number plate, original paint that looks like new.  No date on the inside that I could see - the bracket for the cord restraints is a little different than my other B1, D1 phones.   The no seam handset with the bullet transmitter came with a rubber cord so this coiled cloth cord was the best I have for now. 
Dave

WEBellSystemChristian

Holy cow, that phone looks incredible! The nickel/chrome dial ring really sets it off! :D
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

poplar1

Do you mind giving the Ebay link? Doubtful that any one of us saw this before it sold.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

wds

I grabbed it as soon as it was listed.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/311358801458
Dave

Russ Kirk

- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

poplar1

Must be earlier than 4/29 since there are no dates on the dial or mounting. The only date may be on the 395 transmitter.

wds

Notice the bracket for the cord restraints is different than I usually see on these and the D1's - does that help date the phone?
Dave

poplar1

Yes, the B1 you just bought is the earlier version, probably 1928 though perhaps your transmitter date will help. Perhaps the holes were for designed for cord ties rather than S-hooks?

The "Western Electric" and patent dates are on the back of the dial, which is true for most 2H dials, but there are some with patent dates on the rim.

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Jack Ryan

Are they seamless caps as well? Impressive.

poplar1

Note the back of the plunger also. The metal clips on each end show that it has never been repainted.

Can you check the transmitter date? Here is a photo showing the location of the date on a similar transmitter.

wds

I tried to take the cap off last night, but it' stuck.  I'll work on it some more today.
Dave

wds

Here's that picture of the transmitter
Dave

Nick in Manitou

Jack Ryan

Are both caps seamless? I didn't find out.

They look seamless.

Jack