News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Telephone stuff for sale

Started by ldj1002, January 15, 2014, 11:12:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ldj1002

This is for sale local. I wouldn't be interested in it all, just a couple items, the 202 and the space saver. They are asking $250.00. If I bought recon I could sell what I didn't want? and come out ok with the 2 I want?

LarryInMichigan

$250 seems high to me.  The butt sets don't go for much.

Larry

HarrySmith

Seems a little high to me also. The only thinks in that pile that would bring some money after restoration are the 2 you want to keep! You would be hard pressed to get $250.00 back from the rest. Just my opinion, your mileage may vary ;D
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

ldj1002

I wasn't asking about getting $250.00 for them after I got the 2 I wanted. I was wondering If I could get enough out of them to make the 2 I want a fair buy, say $150

HarrySmith

With 7 buttsets and 4 subset/ringer boxes you should be able to net over $100.00 to meet that goal, especially if the subset/ringers are complete ;D
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

WEBellSystemChristian

I see potential in those subsets and subset covers. Restored, the covers alone can be worth around $30-40 each.
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Sargeguy

Heck, I'll give you $70 for the 334 subset if it's intact and not too rusty!  And another $20 for the backboard for that 534!
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Greg G.

What's this thing?  I would make them an offer on the whole lot, you should be able to recoup enough funds to make it worth it.  Yes, even the backboards are in demand, but nobody makes or sells repro backboards that I know of.  I've been considering learning to use a router to make my own.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

poplar1

If these once belonged to an installer-repairman, be sure to ask if they have any BSPs (Bell System Practice Handbooks). They may not think they have any value. The loose-leaf black binders approx. 4" x 6" are the most desirable.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

ldj1002

I've decided not to mess with them. If anyone wants to find out more they are on Waco TX craigslist in antiques.

Greg G.

Quote from: poplar1 on January 16, 2014, 09:09:23 AM
If these once belonged to an installer-repairman, be sure to ask if they have any BSPs (Bell System Practice Handbooks). They may not think they have any value. The loose-leaf black binders approx. 4" x 6" are the most desirable.

That's a good suggestion.  The last lot of phones I bought 2 or 3 years ago was from an installer/repairman.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e