News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Gray W.E., 500 Arrived Today, What a Letdown.

Started by Dan/Panther, April 13, 2009, 08:47:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan/Panther

Well the long awaited Gray W.E 500 arrived today.
I will say I've never been so disappointed before, about a phone.
The only thing I have to do is clean it up and lube the dial. Everything else is all original, and I don't have to fix, or look for any replacement parts.
How boring, just clean it, and display it,  or use it.... :o :o
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Dan

"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

AET

Usually, I'd be let down too, but it's great because of the fact that it's gray!!!!
- Tom

Sargeguy

I hate when that happens.  I suppose you could still break it down and polish each part individually. :(
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

BDM

Yup, I agree. What a piece of ****....... :P Dan, do yourself a favor. Send it my way please! ;D
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

Dan/Panther

I don't think I've ever been so excited when looking at the markings on a phone.
I kept expecting to see 73 or 80 or something, but when I saw the 11-5-58-3 on the case I knew it was soft plastic, and I had really lucked out.
D/P
Like Dennis says, I guess there are still treasures to be found even after 50 years...and this Gem is in great shape. I did a lot of cleaning and I can't find a bad mark anywhere except the feet and a little bit of corrosion around them. the inside was rather dusty, it makes me wonder where could it have been, and been that dusty inside, and unharmed oiutside.The finger wheel looks new when cleaned up, cords are perfect, not a mark on them.
D/P

contraste

Bill Cahill

;D DP, I'll tell you what. Just pack it up real good. Take receiver off hook, of course. Then, ship it to me. I'll try to handle the dissappointment for you, and, you'll lose that heavy burden....  ;D
Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

Dan/Panther

Bill;
Let me think about it for a moment.
HHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

NO

BDM

--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

Dan/Panther

He modified it so no more than 20 characters can string without jumping to the next line.
D/P

Dennis Markham

Although I set it for 20 characters, it appears there are a lot more in a string before it broke...but it looks ok...............for now.

Bill Cahill

String? Charactors?
What you guys talking about?

DP, I'll be nice one more time...
You don't need that dirty little thing.
Grey is a depression color.
You don't like depression.
I don't mind removing that burden from you.
Just ship the little sucker to me, and, your worries are over.....  ;D

Bill Cahill  ;D

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

Dan/Panther

Bill;
I appreciate your concerns, however at this time I feel that you have enough concerns that I would not want to add to them.
Regards;
D/P