News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

New Items Received and on the Way!

Started by DavePEI, July 01, 2014, 12:29:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavePEI

Last Photo for today - showing a Northern Electric QSK100A, QSK2100A panel phones, an AT&T Public Payphone Plus, the conference phone minus its speakers, cables, microphones which are in its case, the Fire Telegraph and a Call Box, the Keysender, and a Northern Electric Strowger Switch Stand and switch. Not shown, a small Strowger Demo switch on the floor, and literally thousands of other interesting items in the pile!

Finally, the PILE!

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

twocvbloke

That AT&T CRT phone is VERY 1980s, looks like a film prop made for something set in an 80's vision of the future (then again, I guess it was an 80's vision of the future, a bit too early though, as we do have payphones which are basically computers now which can browse the web & send email)... ;D

Still, that pile of goodies should keep you busy for a while, especially during the winter... :)

DavePEI

Quote from: twocvbloke on August 15, 2014, 12:26:02 PM
Still, that pile of goodies should keep you busy for a while, especially during the winter... :)
Sure will! I have to call it my find of a life-time. I have had some phones given me before, but by and large, I have bought my phones one at a time, and never had an infusion like this. Terry B. was one notable exception to this, as he did donate large numbers of phones when I first opened the museum. This has made 2014 a very interesting year.

Not knowing what will be in the next batch has made it like Christmas for months! The best part is that this finally puts me in a position of potentially being able to share some of my good luck with others, and giving me the ability to make fair trades

Incidentally, in a note for Terry, there is a 10 line SAU (Secretarial Answering Unit from AE) in the batch from Don...

Dave
C*NET 1-651-0001

DavePEI

Just a quick note for today on the two NE Panel Phones...

I spoke with Jody Haralson today regarding getting keys for the NE22QD upper locks for them, and I think we have come up with a way to get them. He has two NE22QD locks there, an NE22QD2 and an NE22QD3. He doesn't have keys for them, but he got them from Paul Vaverchak a few days before Paul passed away.

Jody is going to make keys for the two locks, plus sample keys for himself and send them to me - if either fits, I will let him know, and then we will have a cross reference for these keys.

If this fails, I will have to try to figure out a way to get the upper locks out of these two phones without destroying them and send them to Jody so we will have a template for future needs.

I have told you before - Jody is a great fellow who will work with you to find a solution to key needs!

Dave
C*NET 1-651-0001

DavePEI

Hi Pholks:

I got through a few more boxes today, beginning with test equipment.

First photo a Leeds-Northrup test box...

Then a Frequency Meter...

Then a Dictograph Master Station...

Then a 54A Transmission Measuring Kit...

Then an interesting small test cabinet unit....

Finally, an interesting colour of NOS 554 was fgund. Interior colour is the same as the exterior - it is not a faded moss green...

Also, several more Strowger selectors and connectors were found along with 48 volt power supplies and ring generators. They will make a nice surprise for an unsuspecting visitor with an interest in getting into switching...

Dave
C*NET 1-651-0001

DavePEI

Today, I had the first visitors since the arrival of THE PILE!

Shown below, Bill (tallguy58) and son, Liam Gee of Toronto as they go through the hoard and the museum today. I think they enjoyed themselves!

By the way, as we went through further boxes, we found a Northern Electric branded Teletrainer in nice shape, as well as a large Bell lantern and a number of more Fire Telegraphs and Call Boxes, amongst other items.

Dave
C*NET 1-651-0001

WesternElectricBen

I'm sure they did have a good time, it's always fun to meet a forum member.

Is that your garage with that impressive pile (from Don)? I'd love to find a teletrainer or a phone in mine. Pictured below was my (small) pile from about a year ago.

Ben

DavePEI

Quote from: WesternElectricBen on August 18, 2014, 02:43:01 PM
XIs that your garage with that impressive pile (from Don)? I'd love to find a teletrainer or a phone in mine. Pictured below was my (small) pile from about a year ago.

Ben
Hi Ben:

Yes, that is my barn... Not only did I find the Teletrainer, but all the other items I have mentioned, and as Bill would tell you, many tons more! He and Liam helped me to get through the boxes I had not yet had time to go through!

Dave
C*NET 1-651-0001

tallguy58

What an amazing amount of stuff! Liam sure enjoyed helping Dave with the treasure hunt. We're holding a WE transmitter and headset mounted on a swinging boom. Thing weighs a ton. I seem to recall seeing it in a catalog somewhere. Dave was gracious enough to let us leave with some goodies. Like Liam said: "He's a really nice man".

He sure is. A true phone pioneer for setting up that museum. You all have to go see it.

Thanks a ton, Dave. A highlight of our trip to PEI.
Cheers........Bill

DavePEI

Here is the Teletrainer we came across in one of the unopened boxes today. It is a Northern Electric QKC1B teletrainer built c.a. 1972 . It is a solid state unit and is labelled in both English and French...

It appears to be in good condition - I have to try to find further documentation for it, to determine the correct wiring for the multi-pin connectors on the back for the phones... I do have T9 catalogue listings for it, but need information not included there. This unit was made in Canada.

Below these photos,one of the two cell #6 lantern we found yesterday in THE PILE!

Dave
C*NET 1-651-0001

DavePEI

2 Plugs Needed for Teletrainer!

I need two plugs for the below-mentioned Teletrainer. They are the same size as the vintage 4 prong plugs, but has 8 conductors and includes one enlarged pin  (no conductor) for indexing.

I also am looking for ideas for a power cable. While it looks as though one should be able to use a  simple extension cord, the female end of one is just a bit too large to fit the socket in the back of the unit...

Any ideas? I also have placed this request int he wanted section of the board, but feel that if people could also see it in context, it would be easier to understand the need.

Dave
C*NET 1-651-0001

twocvbloke

Quote from: DavePEI on August 19, 2014, 02:27:30 PMI also am looking for ideas for a power cable. While it looks as though one should be able to use a  simple extension cord, the female end of one is just a bit too large to fit the socket in the back of the unit...

If you have a moulded plastic extension cable, you could probably carefully shave off enough excess plastic from the socket to make it fit, just be careful to not shave down too far as to reveal any conductors inside... :)

DavePEI

Another day, another find.... err. several of them. It amazes me how I can keep going back to THE PILE and find more!

Today, I was working way, err. playing digging through the PILE again, and found several more items of interest.

First and foremost was a complete beige Magicall outfit, including the Magicall unit itself, the programmer dial unit, and the power supply. The index hasn't been written to and the plastics are somewhat dirty but mint.

I also found a couple more call boxes - one NOS in grey, and one in red, That brings the call box total up to 6 or 7. I also found several Roanoak Confidencers.

No camera with me today, but tomorrow I will get photos.

Dave
C*NET 1-651-0001

JohnInWI

Quote from: DavePEI on August 19, 2014, 02:27:30 PM

I need two plugs for the below-mentioned Teletrainer. They are the same size as the vintage 4 prong plugs, but has 8 conductors and includes one enlarged pin  (no conductor) for indexing.

I also am looking for ideas for a power cable. While it looks as though one should be able to use a  simple extension cord, the female end of one is just a bit too large to fit the socket in the back of the unit...

Any ideas? I also have placed this request int he wanted section of the board, but feel that if people could also see it in context, it would be easier to understand the need.

Dave

Dave,

What does the plug for the 6-button 554 look like?  (Photo attached.)  Also, maybe you may find the plug(s) you're looking for while going through the rest of your treasure trove!

DavePEI

Quote from: JohnInWI on August 21, 2014, 05:01:19 PM
Quote from: DavePEI on August 19, 2014, 02:27:30 PM

Dave

Dave,

What does the plug for the 6-button 554 look like?  (Photo attached.)  Also, maybe you may find the plug(s) you're looking for while going through the rest of your treasure trove!

Ahh, don't I wish. But it is the standard 25 pin D Amp connector on it. As for finding on in the haul, I keep hoping, but so far to no avail!

Dave
C*NET 1-651-0001