News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

twins

Started by bwanna, September 19, 2009, 07:06:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bwanna

stopped at an estate sale today. it was day2 & the place looked pretty well picked over. but the gal said everything was 25% off, so i took a look around. here's what i found in a corner in the basement.

neither are "numbers matching" the one on the right has vermillion lettering on the bottom, showing re-furb in '59. one base is dated '48; the other '49. guess they are fraternal twins. ;)  one of the receivers was dated  '36. both have nice rubber cords & good suede on the feet. both work, one doesn't ring. lotsa dirt, but i didn't see any chips, cracks or dings.

i bet they will clean up nicely. i can try the tung oil treatment on the handsets. 30$for the pair. ;D
donna

Dennis Markham

Good buy Donna.  Nice set of twins!

McHeath

$15 each?!  Amazing.  A real good deal. 

bwanna

ya, i thought so to ;D
they were stuck in the corner in the basement. but i zeroed in on them right away.

the sale was in the neighborhood of another collector. i was surprised they were still there. at the original price of 20$ea, would still have been a deal. :D
donna

Jester

A really nice find, Donna.  I've been looking for a 5302 with F-1 handset, but here in the South, all I've run across have early 60's G-1's on them.  Good luck on ever finding a "numbers matching" 5302! ;D
Stephen

Dan/Panther

Those re 5302's right ?
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

bwanna

yessir d/p

do you like them ???
donna

Dan/Panther

I have 2 myself, one that was originally used at the Army Academy at West Point.
Yes I love them...$15.00 each is a good price.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Dan

Donna, If you have any trouble getting your 5302 to ring, I can help. I have one that is wired correctly. Great deal. These sound pretty,  like a 302 (have the 302 guts).
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

bwanna

thank you, dan

one of them does ring, sounds pretty cool.  i will certainly take your advice when i get around to working on them.
donna

foots

Wow bwanna, you seem to be a phone magnet. That was a pretty good deal you got on that pair. 
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

bwanna

ya, joshua

some girls are guy magnets. but me.....   phone magnet ::)
donna

Greg G.

The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

bwanna

wow   first time a GUY has been jealous of me ;)
donna

HobieSport

Really beautiful Donna.

I'm really happy for you. Of course us guys are all envious in a good way and we are all fighting for your attention. The only real woman on the forum and all that.

I don't know if you know how much this means to us. We are not sex starved or anything but when a woman understands a 5302 we get a little bit exited.

I wish there were more women on the forum.

-Matt