Telephone Talk > Flea Market/Yard Sale/Antique Store Finds

Romanian RS-7340

(1/4) > >>

LarryInMichigan:
At the flea market this morning, I saw something unusual, a Romanian RS-7340.  It was in very good condition, but the price was quite high, so I did not take it home.  What do you think that one of these is worth in the USA?

Thank You

Larry

unbeldi:
Well, it looks like a design from one of the BTMC types, 2724?, perhaps produced in license.  Didn't you have get one of those not too long ago?

At a flea market, I wouldn't expect it to cost more than $50, I think.

Almost looks like a WECo handset...

LarryInMichigan:
It looks similar to a 2724, but it is not the same.  The handset looks like the type which would be on a 2724.  The seller told me that she thought it was worth $150.  When I made her an offer, she said that her bottom price was $85.  As rare as this model is here, I really doubt that collectors would pay that amount for it.

These were apparently made starting about 1948.  This one is dated 1960.  There are a number for sale on Romanian websites.  Just search for "RS-7340 telefon".

Larry

unbeldi:

--- Quote from: LarryInMichigan on April 10, 2016, 12:17:25 PM ---It looks similar to a 2724, but it is not the same.  The handset looks like the type which would be on a 2724.  The seller told me that she thought it was worth $150.  When I made her an offer, she said that her bottom price was $85.  As rare as this model is here, I really doubt that collectors would pay that amount for it.

These were apparently made starting about 1948.  This one is dated 1960.  There are a number for sale on Romanian websites.  Just search for "RS-7340 telefon".

Larry

--- End quote ---

I agree that price is not set by "rarity" but by demand.  Rarity is also much harder to measure than demand.
I have a Heemaf type that even Arwin doesn't have, and I only paid $16 for it.

Yes, I see one online that has the same dial card as "yours".  Well, you can tell her that you'll shop online for one, I bet it will still be there next week.

PS: I just saw one for sale at ~ 3 USD (12 RON)

unbeldi:
Here is the 12RON attraction:

I agree, I can see the handset better now.

You probably found it too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version