News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

First contact! made with a guy who has a lot of vintage telephones

Started by Babybearjs, April 04, 2019, 02:51:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

Just to let you all know, I got a call from a guy who had vintage telephone equipment... he's going to send me pics, so I'll pass them on when I get them. I told him hang on to the equipment because there is a market for it! enclosed are the pictures he sent me...  any takers?
John

Key2871

John, here's your chance to upgrade to a bit more modern system. From 1A, to 1A2. That would be perfect for you in your communication closet.
Self contained, more modern, you already have the phones..
This is what you are looking at on the bay, about a month ago. Right up your alley. That intercom system would be cool to play with, just get the polarity correct, it's un forgiving.
KEN

Babybearjs

yeh, the guys willing to work out a deal. the company he owns is a irrigation supply company, so right now they are real busy. I'm going to wait and see when he wants to have me come and actually see the setup. If he does want me to take it all, I hope the 66 are abandoned... that way I can take those as well... the company upgraded to VOIP from analog and this is their old system.
John

Key2871

Well if he sent a picture, it's probably not used anymore.
Hope you get a good deal.
I bought one of those once, came with twenty some of phones for twenty bucks.. kind a gives you a starting point.
KEN

Babybearjs

yeh, I have plenty of phones, but the ITT K501... that I could use... if I could get it then I could see if my 208 KTU's would fit in it... if so, then they would have a good home!
John

Key2871

I have seen the manual online before, but it's straight forward. The left block is the station block, wired in the usual way. The right block is if I remember right, the options block.
Like if you had other cards or similar on the gate (door) those get wired into that.
But see if you can find the manual:: edit, ( I know the manual WAS available online, but I can't find it now.) I would refur to WE key system manuals for connections. And because you're probably the only one interested in that system don't lolly around or you could miss out.
KEN

Jim Stettler

You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Key2871

So John, have you contacted this guy yet, or are you going to let it go..
KEN