News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Light Gray NE 593 AW/BW

Started by magicbrain, September 07, 2021, 02:56:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magicbrain

I purchased this NE 593 AW/BW in light gray dated ≡60 for a BIN price of $64.99 with free shipping ;D - Looks to be in very good condition & a scarce color even for the WE version.
eBay link:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/255118471587

Bruce

MMikeJBenN27

Great find!  Yes, both shades of grey are pretty rare!

Mike

RB

Babybearjs

John

allnumbedup

I love this 'color'. Even more than dark grey, I think it brings out the design elements (or lack thereof) in any phone.  Also, whenever I use mine it reminds me of the first half of  the 1998 movie "Pleasantvile."
Analog Phones for a Digital World

magicbrain

Just a quick update - received phone with no damage (as seller packed it very well) - Shows very little wear & is in fact soft tenite plastic :), it seems as though NE was still using this type plastic into 1960?
Bruce

Key2871

Congrats, that is great the seller took the extra time to pack it well.
KEN

magicbrain

A few more pictures, everything dated 1960 - The housing had an another (earlier?) date stamp in yellow that was mostly removed & I can't make out -   Interestingly, the transmitter cup does not have a "fork" to retain the cord, it uses a separate piece that fits into slots in the handset.
Bruce

MMikeJBenN27

My dark blue and dark beige, and one of my black handsets have this arrangement.  I think it was 56 when they started changing over to the fork on the transmitter cap.