News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

NOS Kellogg Mic T-32 Just Shines

Started by Doug Rose, October 10, 2021, 12:37:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

is there any interest in mics or should I turn it into a stick. Paint is perfect as is the bottom ring....thanks...Doug
Kidphone

RB

Hey Doug.
Nice, uh, mic...stick...???...
Either would look nice.
I have not heard of anybody jonesing for a mic for their switchboard. :-\
Bet it would be an awsome DJ mic??? ;D
Also, wern't those more for railroad installations, than switchboards???
Either way, if your gonna offer it for sale, a stick would prob bring more ???

Doug Rose

thanks Rod....not sure what I will do...Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

I have never taken a Kellogg Stick apart. I took the screws off the bottom and the screw of the top side for the transmitter.

It does not release, moves about .5 inch. I don't want to wreck this but I was trying to see if I could put this Keystone hook on it for a display. Do I have to release the lock in the base of the stick? Certainly not easy like a WE.

Any info is greatly appreciated...Doug
Kidphone

HowardPgh

I don't see the point in modifying a nice clean microphone. I would think there are enough regular Kellogg sticks around.
The hookswitch is in the bottom of the phone. The hook you want to use won't work. the Kellogg hook is a long knee action thing that is contained in the shaft of the phone. the weight of the receiver causes the knee joint to move from one side to the other and the bottom half pushes down on the switch.  The hook is pivoted on an axle that goes through the outer diameter of the shaft . You would have to cut off the PTT button and weld the Keystone hook onto what's left.
Howard

Doug Rose

thanks Howard....that is what I needed to know....Doug
Kidphone

HowardPgh

Howard

HowardPgh

Doug save that Keystone hook, I think it fits the AE stairstep candlestick.
Howard

Doug Rose

Quote from: HowardPgh on December 06, 2021, 03:10:35 PM
Doug save that Keystone hook, I think it fits the AE stairstep candlestick.
thanks Howard, it is a tough find but I have never found something that I can use it on....Doug
Kidphone