News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

New Guy from Texas

Started by RDPipes, April 30, 2022, 06:57:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RDPipes

Quote from: RDPipes on August 05, 2022, 06:33:53 AMStub, Thank you sir, 53 was a good year but, I don't own a AE 90.
Your thinking of the brand new gentlemen "Darkstar2006". That's okay though, we all make mistakes, I know.
I hold the record, LOL!

Oops! I did it again, I told you I hold the record for mistakes, it's KYdealsPR0 who is new with the AE90, not Darkstar2006. LOL! Starting the day off right, hope I can make it to the bank and back with little to no mistakes today.

stub

RDPipes,
        Sorry , sometimes I have the attention span of a gnat. stub
Kenneth Stubblefield        
  CRPF
   TCI

RDPipes

Quote from: stub on August 05, 2022, 09:02:57 AMRDPipes,
        Sorry , sometimes I have the attention span of a gnat. stub

Sometimes I do too, LOL!

Darkstar2006

Hi' Thanks for the "welcome" I joined because I thought that there would be a lot of great knowledgeable people here, I'm sure I won't be disappointed.
Why do people with cell phones use "old phone" as their ring tone?

-Dave S.

RDPipes

Quote from: Darkstar2006 on August 10, 2022, 08:10:38 AMHi' Thanks for the "welcome" I joined because I thought that there would be a lot of great knowledgeable people here, I'm sure I won't be disappointed.

You won't be disappointed sir, we have some great knowledge here just in the archives alone not counting
some very knowledgeable and generous people.

19and41

A belated welcome!  I have a small collection of phones and I also collect Telechron clocks, old radios and kerosene mantle lamps. 
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

RDPipes

Quote from: 19and41 on August 10, 2022, 03:06:15 PMA belated welcome!  I have a small collection of phones and I also collect Telechron clocks, old radios and kerosene mantle lamps. 

Thank you sir, I've had a few old kerosene lamps (mostly Dietz) but, not enough to call a collection.

ChrisW6ATV

Quote from: RDPipes on August 10, 2022, 04:05:32 PMa few... but, not enough to call a collection.
I like to be more generous with the term "collection". My pop machine and pinball machine collections have two devices each. (As you mentioned, mechanical things that plug in.  :)  ) 

dsk

Thank you for the reminder, and welcome to the forum.  I did not like to call my selves a collector, because the main issue for me is to learn and understand. ..But  I got my first 2 magneto phones in 1970, by know I don't know how many I have, so OK I'm probably a collector to :)   Since I am in Norway my phones are for the most European, and if I may help around such phones, I would be happy.

And yes, I have some kerosene/white-gas stoves and laps too.

Dag Ståle
(dsk)

RDPipes

Thank you Gentlemen!