News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Small ¨Collection Pricing

Started by Number, please!, May 28, 2022, 01:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Number, please!

HELP!  It's time to let most of my collection go.  I would like to sell locally (Minneapolis MN) but I"m not sure of total value &/or pricing for the whole lot.  None of the phones are completely cleaned, but none of them have been a barn. They all nave age appropriate patina.

Value????: Working $20-75; parts $15-30.  I am thinking somewhere from $150-500.  Any thoughts?

All the 554's are in working order including the ringers. 2 of them have matching dates on the base, dial, ringer and hand set.  (Black 554, 3-71, beige[2nd from left] 554, 9-59.)

The 2 500's and the black 302 all work, except one 502 ringer

The TT green wall and beige desk I have not tested yet but I believe they both work.

All 5 of the lineman's phones need attention.  None of the dials return smoothly and all of them have some audio static.

Value?  None of these are fetching top dollar.  A few have good restoration potential.  Those that work could be daily users.  Worst case-parts donors. :-[  :'( IMG_1308.jpg

I have more detailed photos of the dial phones.

Stu

RDPipes

I don't think anyone here is going to appraise your collection sir for several reasons (none that I will go into) but,
why don't you just do some research on eBay of the same phones same condition in sold and completed items? This will certainly give you a ballpark idea of what your collection is worth to the right person.  Of course you also have to think about how much you have into them, if any. And remember to give yourself some bargaining room.

Number, please!

I have a general idea of value and I don't want to wade thru other source pricing.  The quickest way to clear them out would be "FREE."  They have some value and I'd like to think the phones are going to a new home, blah blah blah...sentimental journey.  All it takes is one person to love 'em.

Thanks for your perspective, I'm thinking low ball to move em.
Stu