News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

My Workshop ever growing

Started by RDPipes, August 05, 2022, 11:43:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RDPipes

Well, about 25 years ago I started a shop in my garage, I was younger and could take the heat and cold of it back then. Then because of health reasons and limited income I had to move and then only had a carport to work on, that was certainly an adventure to say the least. As time went on I just couldn't do the heat and cold and managed to save up for a 8' x 12' shop and put A/C and Heating in it that virtually was a hallway but, served my needs at the time. Now my shop has grown to a 12' x 20' still modest but, easily cooled and heated, in fact its cheaper then the house and there's more things using electricity out there then in the house, LOL! Anyway my shop has always been for doing anything I needed or wanted to do, from woodworking to electronics. It is as many of you know fills up quickly no matter how large of a shop you seem to get. It's virtually just a larger Hallway now, LOL! But, it has what ever I need from a 10" x 30" metal lathe to a soldering iron. So here's some photos of my home away from home and might I add its just 5 feet away from my back door.

FABphones

Very neat and organised space, some nice machinery, and in a pretty setting too.

No phones in there? Gotta have a workshop phone.  ;D

What is the galvanised pipe for (up and across ceiling on image 3)?

Thanks for sharing, good to see other folks workspace ideas.
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

RDPipes

Quote from: FABphones on August 05, 2022, 06:01:09 PMVery neat and organised space, some nice machinery, and in a pretty setting too.

No phones in there? Gotta have a workshop phone.  ;D

What is the galvanised pipe for (up and across ceiling on image 3)?

Thanks for sharing, good to see other folks workspace ideas.

I'm very meticulous about how things are kept, I have a hard enough time finding things when there in order, LOL!
Phone stuff is under the bench on several shelves in plastic containers and boxes.
I use to have a 60's AE 880 touch tone speaker phone in my shop but, the dust from making smoking pipes was just too hard on it even with dust collection so now I have a modern wireless in there.
The galvanized pipe you see is a 6" diameter dust collection pipe. It goes to my lathe, blast cabinet, and shaping disc near the buffer, I can also hook it up to my table saw with a retractable hose.
Thank you CJ!

19and41

Looks cozy and busy.  Nice shop!
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

RDPipes

Quote from: 19and41 on August 09, 2022, 03:38:42 PMLooks cozy and busy.  Nice shop!

Thank you sir, it is cozy and thankfully I haven't far to walk to get to any one machine.
The only thing it's missing is water, I need to figure out how to plumb something simple
but effective like a small wash sink without it being a major project.

FABphones

Quote from: RDPipes on August 09, 2022, 04:26:41 PM...The only thing it's missing is water, I need to figure out how to plumb something simple
but effective like a small wash sink without it being a major project.

Do you have an outside tap (faucet)? I'm not familiar with your locale but possibly a small trench could be dug from the tap to the exterior of the building (where you want the water on the inside). Deep enough not to freeze up in winter, protected/lagged. Couple of ways you can come off the tap.
A small electric water heater could be placed adjacent to the sink inside your workshop if you need hot water.

I enjoy these kind of projects. No water in my little workshop. No room for any size of sink. It has crossed my mind that it would be handy to have one.
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

RDPipes

Quote from: FABphones on August 09, 2022, 05:35:58 PMDo you have an outside tap (faucet)? I'm not familiar with your locale but possibly a small trench could be dug from the tap to the exterior of the building (where you want the water on the inside). Deep enough not to freeze up in winter, protected/lagged. Couple of ways you can come off the tap.
A small electric water heater could be placed adjacent to the sink inside your workshop if you need hot water.

I enjoy these kind of projects. No water in my little workshop. No room for any size of sink. It has crossed my mind that it would be handy to have one.

Yeah, I've thought of that but, its more work then I'm able to do having back issues.
There's probably not a way to do this in my condition that would be worth while but,
I still think about it, LOL!