News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WE 48G operator’s candlestick wiring diagram?

Started by Witty, April 23, 2023, 02:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Witty

I'm looking for any information, and a wiring diagram for a WE 48G candlestick, with a 528 operators headset receiver. I've searched on here and the TCI library with no luck.
Thanks,
Ken
Ken

RDPipes

Go
Quote from: Witty on April 23, 2023, 02:19:18 PMI'm looking for any information, and a wiring diagram for a WE 48G candlestick, with a 528 operators headset receiver. I've searched on here and the TCI library with no luck.
Thanks,
Ken

Got a photo?

Witty

I finally opened up the phone and took some pics. I think it was an operator's set, but I can't find any information about it, or how it would have been wired. From what I've read, the 528 receiver replaced the 528BW receivers. The headset receiver cord has its own plug with what appears to be some kind of rheostat?
I've attached a few photos below.
Thanks

Edit: After further research, the Centralab unit turns out to be a potentiometer.
Ken

tom.adams1

1048G's are Railway type telephones mounted directly on folding arms without the base to the shaft. I suspect your phone has had some modifications. You can find them in this online catalog.
https://vintage-phones.com/phonefiles/22_WE_Railroad_Tel_Selective_Apparatus_ocr_r.pdf

Witty

Thanks Tom!
I've saved the file and will browse through it later.
Ken