News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Pick-up dial via Dictograph?

Started by gpo706, June 15, 2012, 07:57:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gpo706

I had a dream, the Pana 616 manual (page 24) has a direct pick-up dial function.

So in my dream having bought the rather lovely bespoke Dicto pictured below - answer me - if I programmed this port to another dedicated extension, would picking up the hookswitch and flicking the correctly wired up  flipper (or using the speaker switch) to pick up the hookswitch it should ring right through to the other extension?

Seems pretty straightforward if the Pana is programmed to do so.

I mean if the extension port is programmed thru the PBX to another extension then any instrument which you can lift a handset on should work?

I will try it and let you know, but what do you reckon in the meantime before a practical experiment?

"now this should take five minutes, where's me screwdriver went now..?"

Owain

yes, if you are in effect using the Dicto as a multi-line phone, go on-hook on Dicto line 1 (Panny ext 201) and the Panny will hotline dial nnnn1, if you go on-hook on Dicto line 2 (Panny ext 202) the Panny will hotline dial nnnnn2

From memory you can set a delay before hotline dialling to give you the chance to dial manually, or to hotline dial instantly. And IIRC it doesn't have to be an internal number either, although there may be a different program number for 'hotline intercom' and 'hotline memory dial'