News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WE 302 ... on its way from CT, USA

Started by david@london, February 20, 2012, 01:00:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

david@london

i won my first ever ebay auction a couple of nights ago for a 1952 WE302 from bridgeport CT.  the seller has been very helpful..............  i reckon i can upload pix to the forum so i'll do that when it arrives.

edit - link defunct/deleted

twocvbloke

hehe, the first auction is always one to remember, my first win on ebay was a Fujitsu Pentium75 computer base, bought it to turn into a small and very basic web server, but never did, but I still remember it to this day, and it was way before I got a paypal account so had to pay by cheque too!!! :D

Just make sure the seller wraps the phone up properly and safely, keeping the handset separate from the base and using plenty of bubblewrap and them peanut things (annoying as they are, they're pretty useful!!), especially as it's on a long journey overseas... :)

Tom B

David - Congrats on the first win ;) but....
I think that prices are going through the roof at the minute -$102 plus change for a black 302?  The most I've paid for a black is $49 for an all dates matching metal body 302 from late 1941 / January 1942. My black 1950 thermoplastic i paid $19, and I paid £7.00 for a 1942 (all dates match) manual 302 here in the UK.
Tom

canuckphoneguy

Congratulations! The phone looks great. I've yet to bid on a phone on EBay - but I'm sure I will soon. I'm waiting for my 302 as well that I purchased from Kijiji.

twocvbloke

Quote from: david@london on February 21, 2012, 01:14:34 PM2cvb the seller has told me he'll really PACK!!! this phone as i asked him to do what is recommended here under "best way to pack..."

Just so long as they don't pack it too tight, as too much packing material can be just as bad as none, as there needs to be some movement for shock absorbing in the event of any unwanted sudden movement... :o

When we moved recently, the mother packed up a glass lamp shade with absolutely loads of bubblewrap, and the thing got broke in the box cos of the excessive amount of packaging she applied, and a few other things she packed too got broke, my stuff didn't though, but for most part, a lot of my stuff is damaged anyway so I wouldn't have noticed!!! :D

Tom B

David
Check your PM's.
The manual 302 came over with the US Army Signal Corps during WW2, I would guess. It's probably been sat in storage for years - still had the original cloth cord which was slowly turning to dust..
Tom

dpaynter1066

All the auction prices are going through the roof coz everyone wants to get all the things they have always wanted on their bucket lists before the Asteroid gets here in December.

twocvbloke

I thought the world already ended last year? We're just living the afterlife now... :D

dpaynter1066

That dosent count,

All those people went up in the mothership and the super luminal  time dilation hasnt caught up with them yet, so they are still able to be placing overpriced ebay bids.