News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Box of "Old Telephone Stuff"

Started by Greg G., June 27, 2013, 08:14:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg G.

I like it when they just call it "old telephone stuff", it usually means they don't know/don't care much what it is, just that it's "old telephone stuff".  I found this box of "OTS" at a second hand store I don't frequent much because I forgot it was even there, even though I pass by that intersection both driving the bus and my personal car.  (That's probably because it's near a major intersection and I'm usually concentrating on traffic).  So, I'm my day off, I'm out a-hunting for some "OTS", and this is what I found.  Yes, the entire box was $25.00.  It included the phone, switch, head phones, and 684BA subset.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Greg G.

The headphones and subset.  Ringer is 9-53, rest of it is II 37.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

poplar1

Appears to have all been used together. Called 4A Key. Using a G-mount without the hook in order to mount the dial close to user. Is there a varistor inside the 6026?
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Greg G.

Quote from: poplar1 on June 27, 2013, 09:47:56 PM
Appears to have all been used together. Called 4A Key. Using a G-mount without the hook in order to mount the dial close to user. Is there a varistor inside the 6026?

Not sure, here's the insides.  So, the switch took it on/off hook, and the headphones were used in lieu of a handset?
- Mike Row
e

Greg G.

Took the headset apart, mixed dates and appears to be missing the transmitter element.
- Mike Row
e

poplar1

The varistor is the grey thing in the corner; it's also shown on the diagram. It suppresses the clicks in the receiver. All U1 and U3 receivers have a varistor on the back.

Yes, this was used without a handset, probably for someone like an order taker that spent all day on the phone.

Some 6026 keys have hold and some don't.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

MagicMo

I like your "OTS"!
I also like saying "OTS"!
I want some "OTS"!
Mo ;D
Practice Kindness :)

WesternElectricBen

I don't think you want any more OTS mo..

AE_Collector

I thought you had some OTS Mo? I have some already.

Jim S. was trying to give away some C.R.A.P. recently, maybe he will send you some and then you will have some OTS as well.

Terry

Greg G.

Quote from: AE_Collector on June 29, 2013, 01:34:26 PM

Jim S. was trying to I've away some C.R.A.P. recently, maybe he will send you some and then you will have some OTS as well.

Terry

Cut Rate Auto Parts?  http://www.cutrateautoparts.com/
- Mike Row
e

HarrySmith

Communication Related Apparatus & Parts
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

AE_Collector

AND S.C.R.A.P. (Surplus Communications Related Apparatus & Parts).

Terry

stub

Just send all the SCRAP OTS CRAP to my house , I'll take care of it. ;D   stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

MagicMo

Quote from: AE_Collector on June 29, 2013, 01:34:26 PM

Jim S. was trying to give away some C.R.A.P. recently, maybe he will send you some and then you will have some OTS as well.

Terry

I do have OTS. I have too much OTS. But I can't pass up more OTS! I got OTSitis!
LOL
Mo
Practice Kindness :)

AE_Collector

It's Harry that is responsible for OTSitis AKA Phoneitis...

Stub: Are you a state approved and regulated SCRAP dealer?

Terry