and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Is a phone show a flea market?

Started by Greg G., July 21, 2013, 01:32:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg G.

Whatever, but here's what I came away with at the Seattle phone show:

Going clockwise:

Book - History of Communication featuring the Walton Collection.  Very good quick reference.

AE 1A Monophone.

65 Pink 500

302 with 4H Dial

WE Dial w/operator's mount.

E1 handset.

I intend to try the White Magic treatment on the pink 500 to restore the color.  It's going to be a gift, I already have a good pink 500.

I need a skirt for AE 1A.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Mr. Bones

Looks like you had fun, and scored large at the Seattle Phone Show. Enjoy your new toys!

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

AE_Collector

I wonder why that stuff was long gone when I got there at 11AM? Gary Goff for the rubber base gasket for the 1A. About $10.

Thanks again Bill for putting on the show and to all the other helpers and contruibutors.

Terry

WesternElectricBen

Phonesrfun

Hey, we had a very successful show!  I bought an early 500.  Early as in 9-1950 with the "smiley face" OPERATOR designation.  I will dig out my camera when I get unpacked. and take a picture and post pictures of the show.

The 500 is in need of a few things, so I will be looking for those items.  Specifically, the phone is missing the handset and hook switch plungers.  The handset cord was cut just shy of the handset so, it is missing the grommet where the cord enters the base of the handset and it is, of course, shortened.  Too bad, because these early 500's used a neoprene straight cord that has leads for inside the phone cut to fit the equalizer and not for the 425B network.  So, unless I can find an authentic straight neoprene handset cord for the early 500, I will be working on that to do something in the interim.

In any event, the show went well.

We had a few more people than last year.

More information to follow.
-Bill G

Greg G.

Quote from: Phonesrfun on July 21, 2013, 04:23:28 PM
Hey, we had a very successful show!  I bought an early 500. 

In any event, the show went well.

We had a few more people than last year.

Must have been the coffee.  Last year the to-go bucket from Starbucks was hardly touched, this year we finished off two of them!  Good thing SB is only half a block away!

Do you have a tally of how much casual traffic we had?

The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e