News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Expensive 302

Started by HarrySmith, May 16, 2013, 06:29:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarrySmith

For anyone wanting to add an expensive gold plated 302 to thier collection!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200924878777
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

old_stuff_hound

I actually kinda like it, in a gaudy sort of way.

However....
QuoteThe original bakelite Western Electric F-1 handset has been buffed and polished to its original patina.

Huh?

WesternElectricBen

24 carrots of gold...

AE_Collector

Quote from: old_stuff_hound on May 16, 2013, 07:34:01 PM
QuoteThe original bakelite Western Electric F-1 handset has been buffed and polished to its original patina.

Huh?

Patina must have been a WECo factory option.

Terry

MagicMo

Practice Kindness :)

Babybearjs

what are gem! hopefully, someone will want it...mine is just black with the gold accents....(brass)     
John

old_stuff_hound

Quote from: AE_Collector on May 16, 2013, 08:24:42 PM

Huh?

Terry

"For a small additional charge, we'll install brand new old!"

Mr. Bones

Quote from: AE_Collector on May 16, 2013, 08:24:42 PM

Huh?

Terry

WOW!

I must be one Lucky Dog!!!

95+% of my WE phones have this, apparently rare, option! WooHoo! ;D

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

TelePlay

Was watching that auction Only 3 bids from the same buyer, who must have really wanted it. With its end, we seem to have a price trend for these nice looking non-traditional 302 restorations.

Going back over the past few months of eBay 302 sales, 49 black 302s sold at an average price of $269 with a low $175 of and a high of $388 (excluding colored, rare and unrestored phones). The phones ranged from very nicely professionally restored to very good original condition. Average shipping was about $12 and the average number of bids on the 49 phones were 21 (BIN sales were not included in any of these numbers).

So, while looking nice and different and certainly well done, it seems the original version generates more interest with buyers. Just saying IMHO, of course. And I did like both the gold and pink, but had no interest in buying either. Would hope this short analysis helps people realize original is the phone of choice, and that includes any and all thoughts of making a lamp phone.