and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Auction 63 - 1936 WE 302 (H1/E1)

Started by Dan, February 25, 2011, 12:21:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RDP

Quote from: Phonesrfun on February 26, 2011, 11:17:59 AM
Quote from: RDP on February 26, 2011, 09:50:27 AM
I agree that it's a nice restoration but, the E-1 handset looks out of place on it and looks as if it's prone to scratching the side of the case. Not a phone I would want to use. Definitely a different look for a 302.

RDP:

The earliest 302's did have E1 handsets, so while it looks out of place, it is actually correct.
Phonesrfun, I'm sure it is, just putting my 2 cents in. I'll keep mine with F-1's

Phonesrfun

No problem, RDP, and I was wondering if I came off as one of those infamous guys that try to make people think they "know-it-all"  That was not my intent.  Hope you forgive me for seeming abrupt.

-Bill
-Bill G

RDP

No not at all Phonesrfun. But, you must forgive me from time to time because I'm a bit opinionated and I'm apt to say what's on my mind.

Doug Rose

Quote from: RDP on February 27, 2011, 06:29:46 PM
No not at all Phonesrfun. But, you must forgive me from time to time because I'm a bit opinionated and I'm apt to say what's on my mind.
Nice to see you back.....Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

Quote from: Dan on February 25, 2011, 12:21:06 AM
I for some reason thought the first year of the 302 was 1937, but here is a beautiful 1936, expertly restored. This auction lasts NINE days and I think will be fun to watch. Please feel free to post a picture of it if you wish, as I will post the link.

http://tinyurl.com/62kr9v5

I'll start out with a guess of $243.79.

S C O R E B O A R D

$243.79 - Dan
$350.01 - Harry Smith
$364.00 - Tom B
$450.55 - Kennyc1955
$455.00 - Paul-F
$510.00 - bingster
Are you forgetting this Frank with the magic touch??   $1175.75....Doug
Kidphone

RDP

Thank you Doug.
Had to change that Phoney name, it just didn't sound good.

Craig T

Russ Kirk

Put me down for $400.00 even

Russ........

- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

Bill Cahill

Sorry I'm late, but, my guess is 585.96.
Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

bingster

I had completely forgotten about this one.  The phone went for an amazing $788, making Craig T our winner!  Congratulations, Craig. :)
= DARRIN =

AE_Collector

Ended at 7PM Pacific today. 35 bids from 14 different bidders. Final Price = $788.

Quickly going through the bidders list I don't think I recognize any of the bidders. Probably stands to reason as a totally refurbished and relatively expensive phone like this wouldn't appeal as much to us collectors.

Terry

Craig T

Quote from: bingster on March 06, 2011, 11:23:47 PM
I had completely forgotten about this one.  The phone went for an amazing $788, making Craig T our winner!  Congratulations, Craig. :)

Thank you Bingster, terribly sorry, I snoozed on this one too! Wow, $788 is a fantastic price, especially considering how low some phone prices have ended at lately. I wonder if he is taking any apprentices!  :)