News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Auction 70 - WE 1500 1960 Field Trial Set (?)

Started by Dan, June 29, 2011, 06:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan

I know how people do not like current auctions posted, but there are two bids early so some people know this one may be special.

http://goo.gl/PwiU3

S C O R E B O A R D

$  426.69 - Dan
$  550.00 - K1WI
$  572.99 - Dennis Markham
$  625.00 - bingster
$  700.00 - Sargeguy
$  750.00 - deedubya3800 (Winner!)
Sold for $811.52
$  980.00 - Tom B
$1350.00 - Russ Kirk
$1550.00 - Kenny C
$2500.00 - Adam
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

rdelius

With the F code and the NJ location I would say yes.
Robby

Adam

This should be the next contest!

I guess:  "the same amount as the US national debt".

By the way, I have pictures of a nicer example of this set from an eBay auction almost two years ago on my site, Manufacturing Discontinued:

http://www.manufacturediscontinued.com/exhibits/telephones/the-rarest-touchtone-phone.html
Adam Forrest
Los Angeles Telephone - A proud part of the global C*Net System
C*Net 1-383-4820

Wallphone

FWIW, the other one was around Sept. 2009 and sold for only $589.99. The number on the bottom of that one was F53700. The one that is up for auction now is F53701. It looks like Adam saved all the pics from the previous auction.
Doug Pav

bingster

Normally, I dislike two contests running concurrently, but since the AE40 contest is in it's final day, no more guesses can be placed, and I think pushing this one up a bit is just fine.

Sooooo... Welcome to auction contest #70! Get your guesses in before the auction's final day, and you could be the next contest winner!
= DARRIN =

Adam

Since it was my suggestion, I'll be the first to guess!

$2,500
Adam Forrest
Los Angeles Telephone - A proud part of the global C*Net System
C*Net 1-383-4820

deedubya3800

Russ Kirk

Gee,  tough choices.

Pay mortgage - or - buy phone.

Tough choices.

My guess is $1350
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

Kenny C

In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Dennis Markham

K1WI

I'll even go a bit lower  $550 .    Without more pictures and photos of the inside etc. It would be very hard to judge  how authentic this phone is.  Any experienced Western Electric (or other vendor) installer that's half decent with his stencil kit could have done the labeling. I still have a few tubes of Vermillion stamping ink handy myself. And the dial surround although scarce  it is not totally rare , a similar one was used in early x-bar tandem offices master test frame/ OGT ( not XB1 or XB5) and they even came in "light olive beige" and a funny off shade of  green also.
   BUT ... if it can be documented then the skies the limit !!

Andy K1WI

Sargeguy

I would bet about $650 but since that's already taken, $700
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Dan

"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Willytx

In the 5th picture, what is the black box marked 425A next to the network? The photos on Adam's page of the previous one sold do not have that.

My guess on the sale price, $820.00