News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Pictures of my Phone Collection - "foots"

Started by foots, May 15, 2009, 08:36:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foots

I finally was able to borrow a camera and take a couple of pictures. I'm sorry they are a bit fuzzy but I haven't figured out the fine adjustments of my brother's phone. I'm still waiting on my Signal Corps phone and also my Carlson S. version of the WE 500.

BDM suggested that I post pictures of my tiny collection here though I feel a bit out of place amongst the collections already posted. Anyhow, these are the best pictures I have at the moment untill I borrow my brother's camera again or just break down and buy my own.
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

foots

The 554 and the 545 are my newest additons. The wall phone came via UPS today and I bought the 545 at the antique mall today. The 554 is from 1965 but I can't look at the insides yet 'cause I don't know how to remove the cover  ???  :-[ . The black one is a WE 545 B with 3 lines and a hold button. The base plate is 12-58, case 5-58, network 425B 12-58, dial 4-59, both cords have 58. I can't get the caps off of the handset to check the dates there but the caps have correct number of holes and its a G1 handset. The blue phone has lots of yellowing to remove and a couple of nicks on the handset but I think it'll clean up nicely. The black phone has seen lots of use and also storage time as its full of dust and there is some surface rust on bottom cover where the foots are riveted.

Dennis Markham

foots

Quote from: Dennis Markham on May 15, 2009, 08:54:51 PM
Joshua,

Look here for a tip on the cover removal of the 554's.

http://www.porticus.org/bell/telephones-554.html

Thanks Dennis, that's just what I needed.

BDM

No one is out of place. Not that kind of folk here ;)
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

McHeath

Nice little collection, you have some real interesting phones.  Be careful, the reproduce when you are not looking and before you know you have them everywhere.   ;)

AET

Very nice collection!  Like the multi-line very much as well as the color of your 554! 
- Tom

mienaichizu

ooopsss, I have not yet taken a recent photo of my collection, they're all over the house

McHeath

I keep my phones either hooked up in various rooms or stashed in the back closet with my other collections.  That way the powers that be don't get too freaked out by stacks of old phones out in plain sight.   ;)

AET

I would hook mine up all over the house, but I only posess one room, so there they are!
- Tom

foots

I'm in the process of cleaning, polishing, adjusting, ect... most of my collection at this time. I plan on using all of them once I'm done with them. Oh, and McHeath, you're right, they do reproduce, I just hope they don't turn in gremlins later.

HobieSport

Quote from: foots
I just hope they don't turn in gremlins later.

I can't promise that.

Tonyrotary

Foots,

No need to feel out of place here.

AET

Joshua, you have a swell collection!  It don't take a big fancy buncha phones to impress the folks here.  I came here with one yellowed 1978 ITT, not old, not in great condition, not anything worth much, but it was a start.  If you ask me, you have a WAY better start than I did!  Congrats on a fine collection.

Quote from: foots on May 15, 2009, 10:38:23 PM
BDM suggested that I post pictures of my tiny collection here though I feel a bit out of place amongst the collections already posted. Anyhow, these are the best pictures I have at the moment untill I borrow my brother's camera again or just break down and buy my own.

- Tom

Bill Cahill

Love the 554. Color is an exact match to my kitchen. Wanna trade?
Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."