and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Hideous Telephones

Started by Stephen Furley, August 04, 2009, 05:42:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JorgeAmely

Jorge

Greg G.

Repulsive!  Hmmm, it's in Portland too.  But Cowiche is in eastern Washington.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

bellsystemproperty

Such a disgusting phone. If only we could buy it and beautify it by adding a nice lamp inside it and tearing out all the other unnecessary components like those brass bells, coils, and the stupid wires inside it.  ;)

Phonesrfun

That phone is being sold by Chuck Irwin in Portland.  He knows his phones.
-Bill G

bellsystemproperty

We could also make a clock out of it ;)

Greg G.

I kid you not:

http://tinyurl.com/yew9ht6 ( dead link 02-20-21 )
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

bellsystemproperty

Phonesrfun

Briny:

Did you ask for the numbers on the underside of the base?

Oh, by the way, I have an AE80 that has a date of 9 71 23.  So, it looks like the first digit is the month, then year, then day.  Odd.  Not that the standard American format of MM/DD/YYYY makes much sense either.  I kind of like the European way of DD/MM/YYYY.  There is kind of a natural progression to that format.

PS:  It does not look like I am going to Seattle in November either, so I need to check shipping alternatives on the pbx.  Maybe there's a way for me to sneak it into the interoffice mail....

-Bill

-Bill G

Greg G.

Quote from: bellsystemproperty on November 18, 2009, 10:25:39 PM
Where is the handset?

The back of the chair is the handset.  I have to admit though, of all the ridiculous novelty phones, at least this one makes me smirk (which turns to a guffaw when I look at the price).  Look at the description of what it does on ebay.
- Mike Row
e

dsk

what about this one:
http://tinyurl.com/yczucap ( dead link 02-20-21 )
(Finn is a Norwegian on-line "garage sale" in is your for only NOK 800  +P&P
or about  US$ 143)

dsk

bingster

I have one of those, DSK!  If I could get somebody to pay $143 for it, I wouldn't have it for much longer.
= DARRIN =

LarryInMichigan

Lego isn't hideous.  In my younger days, I would have loved to have a phone like that.  Lego was my favorite toy.

Larry

McHeath

Yeah I was a Lego guy as well, as was my son, and that's a cool phone. 

bellsystemproperty

It would also be fun to play with on a long phone call since you could build things. If only it was rotary...

Phonesrfun

Maybe they make a Lego lamp kit to go with it.

-Bill G