News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

10 Button Princess eBay $510

Started by Fabius, March 10, 2018, 06:52:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fabius

Wow. I guess having the box and the good pictures the seller posted helped get a nice price.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/253465224146?ul_noapp=true
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

AE_Collector

A white phone that still looks straight from the box helps too I suspect. Still, a nice bonus for the seller.

Terry

Butch Harlow

I saw this listing as well, and thought wow, that's beautiful. I didn't think 510.00 beautiful, but apparently someone did. It pays to take good pics. That is a stellar box too, if that's your  thing.
Butch Harlow

WEBellSystemChristian

Wow, that one is beautiful!

The wide-angle lens and black background remind me that this seller had some big-ticket items for sale, and all went for pretty high prices.

IMHO, I think people go a little overkill with what they pay for 10 button Princesses. They seem to be more common that you would think, and the Princess being a desirable design at the time adds to that. I have seen quite a few over the years, and currently own 6, only one of them having paid over $100.

Still, I could imagine someone wanting $510 for a set as nice as that! 8)
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

tubaman

Is it really touch-tone even though it's only got 10 buttons?
I'm not aware that such a configuration ever existed here in the UK (although we were much later in getting touch-tone capability into public exchanges than I believe was the case in the USA).

I love the way it lights up - I want one now - badly!!!
:D

compubit

Yes, it is Touch Tone.  The original Western Electric Touch Tone sets did not have the * and # (sextile and octothorp, per Bell Labs) until 1968 (some early TT pads had the full 12 buttons with a 5-pointed star and a diamond for these 2 buttons).

In Automatic Electric phones, they offered both tone and pulse dialing (Universal Keyset Dialing?), depending on the keypad installed in the phone.  A quick way to tell (but may not be fool proof) is if the keypad has "blanks" where the * and # symbols normally go, then it's probably a pulse-dialing phone...

Jim
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!