News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

What is going on with 302 prices on Ebay ?

Started by winkydink, February 01, 2012, 11:49:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

winkydink

I have been trying to buy a couple of 302's to fix up and the prices for ones without a cracked shell have been hovering in the $35 or more price range plus shipping.

Back in the summer I was able to purchase for (with some patients) for around $20 plus shipping.  Am I just witnessing the cyclical effect of prices for these phones (low in the summer, peaking in late winter ?)

Unfortunately, I am in the middle of Central PA with no major towns nearby (Harrisburg is 1.75 hours away, Pittsburg 3 hours, Altoona (not that it is "major") 1 hour.  I also because of location, don't have access to any flea markets local, so ebay is about it.

Just blowing off some steam, but I really don't want to spend $45.00 on a phone that needs another $20 - $30 worth of parts/repairs just to get it back into acceptable shape.

bingster

I've noticed a TON of phones that are way overpriced.  I assume it's a case of novices seeing the sums brought in by the uber-restorers, and believing theirs just must be worth the same.  I dunno.  People are still coming up with some really great bargains, but it seems they're few and far between.
= DARRIN =

Grumpy99705

A tale of Two Phones...
I watched 2 1952 302's sell on ebay today. One went for $ 18.00 and the other went for $228.50. No rhyme or reason, the two phones were almost identical as near as i could tell. It's just the fickleness of the people buying on e bay I guess.
Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading - Thomas Jefferson