"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

I am also new... "Brain Forest"

Started by Brain Forest, January 30, 2013, 04:31:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brain Forest

Hello!

I just realized I registered over a week ago and never introduced myself...

My name is Chris, and I like old phones.

(Hi Chris)

I'm just old enough that I remember having rotary phones as a kid, and I also remember seeing this on the coffee table: http://www.time.com/time/covers/0,16641,19831121,00.html

I've always been interested in science and tech, and while I do like new technology, I have an appreciation for things that are designed well and work reliably. Rotary phones definitely fit into this category. On that note, now that I have kids, I'd like for my house to have such things as working rotary phones, a typewriter, record player, etc.

So, after absorbing the info on this forum like a sponge, I bought a couple phones and a Panasonic 308, and the project begins.

I fear I may have caught a disease...

- Chris B.

zaphod01

I knew I was in trouble when I moved all my computer 'junk' to the garage in order to make room for my telephone 'treasure'. At first, it was just Model 500's. Surely just one Princess phone wouldn't hurt (now have two), and everyone needs at least one 2500. Now I'm looking around for a spot to mount a wall phone.

May need an intervention soon.  :-\

Welcome to the group!
"Things are never so bad they can't be made worse." - Humphrey Bogart

Phonesrfun

Quote from: Brain Forest on January 30, 2013, 04:31:32 PM
I fear I may have caught a disease...

- Chris B.

Yes, it is a deiease, and no 12-step program can possibly help.  :)

Welcome to the forum.  I think you will really like the 308 combined with the phones.
-Bill G

HarrySmith

Welcome Chris!
Phonitis is a progressive, incurable disease.
Soon you will need other colors, other models etc etc etc.
Maybe a candlestck?
Next you need more room for all the phones.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

twocvbloke

Yep, it's a disease, you can go for a few months without buying any, then relapse into it, like I did, buying 4 phones within the space of 8 days.... :D

(Panasonic KX-T7130E, BT CT6000E payphone, Cortelco 1A2 phone, and a Samsung Galaxy S3 mobile phone (okay, not rotary, pushbutton or even wired, but it's a phone nonetheless!!!))

Mr. Bones

The patient is presenting all of the classic symptoms! :D

Welcome to the forum!

Best regards,

Terrence
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

Dan

Welcome. Soon you will be shelving a special room and putting them on display like we all did with our trophies when we were kids!
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

LarryInMichigan

You should also be warned that the disease can mutate into other forms like clocks, radios, etc..

Larry

Brain Forest

Quote from: twocvbloke on January 30, 2013, 11:25:44 PM
Yep, it's a disease, you can go for a few months without buying any, then relapse into it, like I did, buying 4 phones within the space of 8 days.... :D

(Panasonic KX-T7130E, BT CT6000E payphone, Cortelco 1A2 phone, and a Samsung Galaxy S3 mobile phone (okay, not rotary, pushbutton or even wired, but it's a phone nonetheless!!!))

Yes, within a week of beginning to read about this stuff, I bought a WE 502, two AE 80's, a Pana KX-T7030, and the 308 PBX.

Thing is, I never had the idea of collecting and displaying these phones. I want a working phone in each room.

And a spare or two.

Or three or four...

twocvbloke

Quote from: Brain Forest on January 31, 2013, 10:27:08 AMAnd a spare or two.

Or three or four...

Yep, it's too late for you now... :D