News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

My Green British Ericsson N1002 Telephone No 332 (Mark 1)

Started by AE_Collector, January 13, 2018, 11:14:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryInMichigan

I doubt that the differences would matter much to prospective buyers being that the phone is so rare and in very good condition.  It probably won't fetch as much from Canada as it would in the UK, but I would be very surprised if it would get less than $500 in an auction. 

Larry

HarrySmith

You can always list it both ways Terry. That would ensure the maximum exposure. If a european buyer is willing to pay shipping & fees, so be it! I have shipped a lot of things all over the world. I was shocked at what some things cost but the buyer happily paid. I once sold a set of Tele-Tubby dolls to Australia. I was surprised at what they sold for but the shipping was twice as much!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

AE_Collector

This green 332 that we discussed on the forum that is located in NZ was dropped from US$700 to US$600 but it doesn't appear to have sold and hasn't been resisted. Of course it started out at local pickup only but then changed to "will ship anywhere at your expense".

CRPF discussion:
http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=19452.0

Ebay listing:
https://www.ebay.com/itm232624759326

Terry

HarrySmith

Will ship anywhere at your expense is pretty vague. If I listed stuff like that I woiuld not sell much!
For overseas shipping I usually offer USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate Box and one other method, giving the buyer a choice.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

AE_Collector

Annddd......SOLD. But, was it a Buy it Now at $158 US or did someone negotiate that price with the low feedback seller and they kept it on eBay?

Looking closer...item is in Minsk Belarus....that could have an impact on the selling price!

Terry

HarrySmith

I don't recall if it was a BIN. Did anybody catch it before it sold that might remember? The seller has shipping to the US at only $35.00! Seems awful cheap!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

twocvbloke

Looking at the listing, it's in Belarus, so whoever bought it is in for a long wait, unless it was a local buyer over there... :)

It also fires up my cynical side, low seller feedback, normally expensive phone going very cheap (About £113 in our money), hmm, Red Alert comes to mind.............

AE_Collector

Yes, lots of things could go wrong or someone might have won the lottery! It could be an Indian made phone as well?

Terry

monophone_lover

That is a nice phone.. love anything in color...Im in no way saying I know anything about the phone.. I do know this... I was offered perhaps 15 or 20 years ago some phones for sale from a private collector.. I was sent a photo of "molted" brown phones.. and my friend the same phone was on the table with many nice phones.... further more I have one similar but I think it is made by Ericsson it is an office phone.. I will look for the photo.. of the brown..
Rob
ATCA # 4057

twocvbloke

Quote from: AE_Collector on January 23, 2018, 06:44:49 PMIt could be an Indian made phone as well?

Terry

Nah, it looks legitimate, the ITIs tend to use a poorly made AE-style dial, the handsets have an embossed "logo" where the GPO info usually resides, and the base has the drawer, so the pictures show a genuine phone, and doing a Google Image search doesn't really come up with it being a stolen-picture listing, so, could be the genuine article that sold for stupidly cheap... :)

AE_Collector

Oh, forgot about the drawer...Indian phones never had drawers....just a filler plate?

Terry

twocvbloke

They did have a filler plate, though some GPO issued ones also had such a filler too, but there are obvious ways to spot an ITI over a GPO:

http://britishtelephones.com/iti.htm

ThePillenwerfer

The 'phone is certainly OK but alarum bells are ringing for me about the listing too.

The 'phone is dated 1938, which makes it a very early one as they only came out in '37.  The highly polished base of the cheese drawer is also a rarity so the price seems very low.  It also seems odd that there was effectively no description; they certainly weren't making much effort to talk it up.

Purely as a curiosity, the postage to England was showing as $45.

AE_Collector

Yes, quite suspicious.

Thanks for the link to the ITI phones TwoCV, I knew there was something with the fingerstop. They are much smaller than on other GPO phones, similar to AE, maybe even slightly smaller than AE.

From the examples of colours shown, there wasn't a Jade Green ITI Phone.

Terry