News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

O.T. Eclipse over PEI

Started by DavePEI, September 27, 2015, 10:40:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavePEI

I just got back in from viewing the Harvest Moon Eclipse. By 10:40 about 1/4 of the moon was in shadow, and over the next 20 minutes or so took photos. Sadly, because of my bad knee, I wasn't able to take out my good camera, tripod and telephoto lens. I was lucky not to stumble in the dark. Last show at 11:80 PM Atlantic Time. At that point, only a sliver of light and the entire moon was velvet red, though not bright. Alas, it really doesn't show in the photo.
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

TelePlay

Was total at 9:48 CDST and we had clear skies. What we didn't have was a camera with a long telephoto lens. Looks more like Mars. Better with binoculars.

WEBellSystemChristian

What's funny is I went to check on it every half hour or so, and never saw it turn red. I noticed it had a hint of a red glow to it when it became total, but it was barely visible at that point. About halfway through the process to becoming total clouds blocked it, but I was able to see it in the end!
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

AE_Collector

Quote from: DavePEI on September 27, 2015, 10:40:31 PM
Last show at 11:80 PM Atlantic Time.

I am familiar with the crazy New Foundland "1/2 hour off" time zone but didn't realize that the Atlantic Time Zone had a few quirks as well! You can tell me all about it in another week or two Dave!

Here on the "Left Coast" it was half way through by the time the moon found its way above the horizon with a bit of haze here in Vancouver. This was the forth of four lunar eclipses in a row over a 18 month time frame. We saw the first of the four on April 14/15 from the back deck of Pacific Princess somewhere in the South Pacific heading straight north from Tahiti to Hawaii.

Terry

twocvbloke

I saw the lunar eclipse this morning too, I this part of the world got the better show as from here the whole thing start to finish could be seen, except I woke up halfway through it all so saw it just as the eclipse was just coming out of its totality... ;D

19and41

Pretty nice pics!  Thanks for sharing them with the soggy foggy south.  Isn't the red cast caused by the light passing through our atmosphere?
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

david@london

i didn't feel like staying up till early morning for the red moon, but this was taken last night at 11.20pm....... haven't seen a moon as bright as this that i can recall.

Mr. Bones

Here at the KHUT (CDT) it was a spectacular, clear eclipse, and I enjoyed watching it in its entirety. 8) 8)

Despite having watched half a century worth of view-able eclipses, I can't recollect seeing an eclipse stay occluded for so long before; maybe it's just my memory. :o

Often, when eclipses occur, they are only visible from other geographical locations, or are not view-able due to clouds, etc.

I bought a metal fire pit yesterday, and gave it a shakedown cruise last night for the event. ;D

I will search through the pics we snapped on K.D.'s digi-cam, and see if any are worth posting.

Best regards!

Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus