News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Look what I found at 3rd Sunday Market! - A WE #1 dial mounted on a B1

Started by waynet7, September 21, 2014, 10:38:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

waynet7

A Western Electric #1 dial mounted on a B1.

paul-f

Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

waynet7

Thank you. It cost me $125.00. I was happy to pay it. Will post more pictures if there is interest. I looked to see if it was actually wired into this phone and was not surprised to find it was not.

Kenton K

Doug Rose

Kidphone

TelePlay

And the condition looks NOS. Did you buy it that way or did you clean it up a bit before taking the pictures? Either way, acquiring that find has a lot of members on the forum very jealous right now.

unbeldi

Doug Rose

I would love to you you put it on eBay and watch your retirement monies roll in. You just do not see #1 dials, especially in that condition....WOW!!  What state are you in?....Doug
Kidphone

Dennis Markham

unbeldi

mentalstampede

Wow! That's find of the month material there!

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=12556.msg133260#msg133260

------------------

EDIT: link added
My name is Kenn, and I like telephones.

"Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something." --Robert Heinlein

waynet7

Thank you all. I live in Central Illinois, I saw it at last month's 3rd Sunday, but did not buy it for not knowing what it was. Suffice to say, I found out after the fact and PRAYED it would be there this month. MIRACLES DO HAPPEN! As for it being on a B1, I wondered that myself, but if it had been on a 50AL it would probably be someone else's right now. I got it off of the mount and will post some pictures of the bottom tomorrow, as I am at work now.

unbeldi

waynet7

For anyone who is interested, the center 'card' is not a card at all. It is painted directly on the solid center piece, which I have no idea how to remove because it is not like a #2.