News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Western Electric Subset foot board mount bracket or foot pads= no scratched furn

Started by Westernflow, October 10, 2014, 10:06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westernflow

Is there a common solution to installing foot pads on the bottom of a WE subset so as not to scratch the floor or the furniture upon which the subset may rest upon? Those 302 suede feet look mighty tempting to put on the bottom of the subset...perhaps maybe though a cove molding screw on bracket? Which methods have other group members chosen- and where can I buy one of these brackets inexpensively? WF :)

tallguy58

Subsets of all stripes were intended to be screwed to baseboards or the side of a desk or some other object.
They were intended to be hidden from view.
That's why they have so many mounting holes in them.

kleenax sells covers for 302 bases that can be used as subsets. Those already have built in feet.

He's a member on this board.
Cheers........Bill

Westernflow

Thanks Bill,
I think i may make a nice mahogany base for it with a routered edge and rubber feet attached. WF ;)

WesternElectricBen

I recently talked to kleenax, (Ray) about the 302 subset covers, as I am also in need of one. He says he might be making some in the end of the month.

Ben

tallguy58

QuoteI think i may make a nice mahogany base for it with a routered edge and rubber feet attached. WF

That would be quite attractive.
Cheers........Bill