News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Med Blue 302

Started by JorgeAmely, February 23, 2010, 11:08:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JorgeAmely

Have you guys and gals seen this one: 160406409380 ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160406409380&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

$455 and the reserve has not been met yet. I thought we were in a recession.  ???
Jorge

Jester

I've been watching this one out of curiosity.  It seems like selling a blue 302 is almost as good as the ability to legally print your own money--recession or no.
Stephen

Craig T

I am pretty new to the 302 line, but this has gotta be a big finish. Well at $500 something already that is obvious I guess.

It is an excellent phone though. Way out of my league of course, I can hardly afford to pay attention on this one!

Doug Rose

This Blue 302 is in really nice condition, but does have a cracks on the front and rear right corners. Otherwise, beautiful nonfaded blue thermoplastic. This is a beauty,,,,Doug
Kidphone

JorgeAmely

The seller just legally printed a US $787.77 bill.

Nice.  :o :o :o
Jorge

LarryInMichigan

The seller probably bought this for $5 at a yard sale or found it in someone's garbage.  It almost makes me want to driver around garbage picking.

Jester

He probably spent more than five bucks for it and it ended on a slow day.  I'm not saying it is or isn't worth more, but I've watched & bid on at least six of these in the last year & I've seen four of those end at $1000.00 or more--most of those looking no better than this one.  A couple looked even worse.  When the seller says they are scarce, he's not kidding.  I've seen twice as many A1 sets on auction in the last year.  Out of the six, this is the second cheapest ending price I've seen.  The cheapest one is pictured below, and it was only $26.00 cheaper.  It was also in worse shape ....to begin with.
Stephen

Doug Rose

Stephen ...the one you pictured does not look like it has any cracked corners in the front. The one that just sold had a crack corner in the front and back on the right. You are correct, prices have come way down. A blue 302 with no cracks would always see 2K+. The bad economy is hitting everywhere. This was a nice phone that went today, but not a killer with the cracks. Out of all the color 302s, 64% were ivory and the blue is by far the scarcest of them all. I am still looking for mine. Good observation on the A1/Blue 302, the blue 302 is  a much harder find.....Doug
Kidphone

JorgeAmely

Stephen:

Do you have the forum link that shows how your brought black your Blue 302?

A trip down memory lane would be good for the new people who joined recently.
Jorge

Craig T

Wow, that was still nice. $787.77 just for posterity. That is good money, but I would have trouble selling that beauty for that money, it is a great looking phone. 

Jester

Doug, I have to confess the above shot is the "after" photo.  This phone had nearly identical damage in both right corners to the one pictured in the recent auction.  It was also missing the cover underneath the lift at the back of the switchhook.  As Jorge mentioned, I posted a lengthy thread on this one as I was rebuilding it.  I'll post a link below and, for convenience, a few auction pics. showing the cracks.
http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=1193.0
Stephen

Doug Rose

Stephen...Unbelievable! Simply unbelievable. You did an amazing job to bring it back to life. That is a phone to be very proud of. It must be the showpiece of your collection....Doug
Kidphone

Jester

Thank you, Doug.  To be sure, I am very fond of it.  What's more amazing to me, as I think through that rebuild, is how satisfied I am with it now, since it was my first major effort at crack repair.  It was a complete learning process for me--virtually all new territory.  Even so, it turned out nicely, if I do say so myself.
Stephen

Dennis Markham

Stephen, it is an awesome phone.  I think that lift cover from Ray really looks good on there.  A lot better than the blank space that was there before.  Your crack repair was very good.  You should be proud of that phone.  I know I would be if it were on my shelf!

Doug Rose

Quote from: Jester on February 27, 2010, 12:08:18 AM
Thank you, Doug.  To be sure, I am very fond of it.  What's more amazing to me, as I think through that rebuild, is how satisfied I am with it now, since it was my first major effort at crack repair.  It was a complete learning process for me--virtually all new territory.  Even so, it turned out nicely, if I do say so myself.
Stephen...I have found one thing in life that I know is true, I am my toughest critic. I don't give myself a break I would give others. If I please myself, anyone else should be happy. Since you pleased yourself on this refurb, you KNOW it has to be darn good. Nice job! As Dennis said, I would be proud to have it on my shelf....Doug
Kidphone