"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Kellogg Candlestick with Subset

Started by LarryInMichigan, March 08, 2012, 02:13:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryInMichigan

I just won this: ebay link.

The subset looks like the "259 type" from the 1923 Kellogg catalog.  The transmitter looks different than what I have seen.

Larry

wds

I was watching that auction.  My guess on the transmitter would be a Monarch.  Too bad they didn't show the other half of the transmitter, but the half they show is just like my Monarch.  Nice project phone and subset.
Dave

Sargeguy

Cool!  Now all you need is a Monarch base and a Kellogg transmitter. And a Monarch subset.  And a Monarch stick in nickel for comparison. And a Kellogg stick in nickel too. And subsets to go with them of course.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

LarryInMichigan

Well, I do actually have a spare Kellogg transmitter with "945276-LC" stamped on the face.  I had been thinking about using it on my Kellogg F817 wall phone, which came with a bulldog type transmitter, but I could divert it to this phone.  Does anyone have a spare Monarch stick that they would like to send me?

Larry

wds

Just out of curiosity, what brand was the transmitter?
Dave

LarryInMichigan

Quote from: wds on March 27, 2012, 03:46:48 PM
Just out of curiosity, what brand was the transmitter?

My guess is Monarch.  When I have a chance, I can try to post pictures of both sides.  The tag with "L148547" looks like tags I have seen on Monarch transmitters.

Larry