News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

25 Cycle close enough?

Started by HowardPgh, March 19, 2012, 05:02:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HowardPgh

I recently got an AE 34 phone with a 25 cycle ringer in it. Do you think it will ring satisfatorily without modification?
Lately it seems the phones I have been getting have frequency ringers in them. How far off can you be with these and still have them work as is?
Howard
Howard

Phonesrfun

In my experience it will be Iffy, at best.

If it is a 25~ frequency ringer, you may get it to work by playing with the weight, but in all honesty, a 25~ frequency ringer is still VERY frequency selective.  You will just have to play with it and find out.

Others here have been able to coax these frequency ringers into operation with some physical mechanical modifications, but each frequency ringer is a bit different.
-Bill G

dsk

I have an AE80E with 20Hz ringer. It rings as a charm on my Panasonic, so I did not notice. :)
Tried it directly on the CO line (rings at 25 Hz here in Norway) and it is absolutely silent.  >:(

Its my only tuned ringer, and I am surprised of the accuracy.

dsk

Greg G.

Quote from: HowardPgh on March 19, 2012, 05:02:07 PM
I recently got an AE 34 phone with a 25 cycle ringer in it. Do you think it will ring satisfatorily without modification?
Lately it seems the phones I have been getting have frequency ringers in them. How far off can you be with these and still have them work as is?
Howard

Plug it in and see if it works.  I have an AE 40 with a 50 mhz ringer that isn't supposed to work, but it does, and I didn't do anything to modify it.  http://youtu.be/VgHsxytFIqU
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e