News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Pricey M-Blue 500 just ended also...

Started by RotarDad, February 04, 2014, 10:59:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RotarDad

A nice M-Blue just ended for $481.51 also.  Missing original gray line cord.....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/370996560090

Paul

WesternElectricBen

I was watching that one, my mother we bidding on it. (haha)

I cannot believe it got up that high, yes it is not that discolored. But it does have an aqua cord which is the fat kind, but I don't see why anybody paid that much, esp. that it was refreshed.

Though, it does have quite early capsules, so that might have been the reason. If it was anyone on the forum, I wish you good luck!

Ben

poplar1

More auction pictures. It was remanufactured in IV-55 (12-55?).
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

RotarDad

I'm with you Ben in preferring a non-refurbished phone, but I think M-blue is so desirable that it doesn't affect value at all.  This one is all period-correct except the line cord.  It is also cool to have the color code (57) stamped on the bottom, which I've seen on other refurbished color 500s from the 50's.

Thanks Poplar1 for posting more pics of this one.
Paul

Contempra

hello Ben.. its not me lol and i will never pay $400 for a telephone, the price's too high... never....Even if the phone is blue, aqua or pink, what ever.... :)

HarrySmith

$480.00 for a Blue 500, $750.00 for a Pink Mushroom. Crazy prices! If you have any color 500's or Mushrooms now is the time to sell ;D
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

WEBellSystemChristian

I was really lucky to get my Med blue. No refurbs, no discoloring and only a day's worth of restoring.
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

MagicMo

Wow! I have two Med blue. One is in fabulous condition and one is in good condition and all original. Maybe I should sell them and go on vacation? I know! I'll go on a Mediterranean cruise! It will beat this Chicago weather! LOL
Mo
Practice Kindness :)

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: MagicMo on February 06, 2014, 04:07:05 PM
Wow! I have two Med blue. One is in fabulous condition and one is in good condition and all original. Maybe I should sell them and go on vacation? I know! I'll go on a Mediterranean cruise! It will beat this Chicago weather! LOL
Mo

I'd like to leave MN weather, as well..

Ben

JohnInWI

Quote from: MagicMo on February 06, 2014, 04:07:05 PM
Mo

I like your Mediterranean cruise idea!