News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Leviton wall phone jack sockets - handy for us brits!!

Started by twocvbloke, July 30, 2013, 03:35:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twocvbloke

Seeing as we're done with moving house, I bought something telephone related, specifically a pair of the above titled wall phone jacks, cos I fancy having a more proper solution for the Cortelco when I get round to putting it up in the new kitchen:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190876561978

There's still three up for grabs, so, get them while you can I guess... :)

This is from the same seller I bought that Starlite from, they had a lot of other phone stuff for sale when I got that, shame they don't any more, but they have acouple of interesting bits... :)

WesternElectricBen

Those jacks are seen in nearly every kitchen in U.S. But they usuially don't have the clipped corners.

Ben

twocvbloke

Quote from: WesternElectricBen on July 30, 2013, 04:22:45 PM
Those jacks are seen in nearly every kitchen in U.S. But they usuially don't have the clipped corners.

Ben

We don't have them here, they have to be imported to properly use a wallphone phone that is also imported from the US, but regardless of the looks, so long as it works, it doesn't matter, cos it'll be hidden behind a phone... :D

JubileeCompact

Just ordered one- dont have a phone to use it with as yet tho lol...
Seamus

twocvbloke

Quote from: JubileeCompact on August 01, 2013, 09:09:21 AM

I bought two, and only have the one phone, though technically the cortelco can't really use them properly until I refit a sliding modular plug on the back... :D

Mr. Bones

Quote from: twocvbloke on August 01, 2013, 12:09:30 PM
Quote from: JubileeCompact on August 01, 2013, 09:09:21 AM

I bought two, and only have the one phone, though technically the cortelco can't really use them properly until I refit a sliding modular plug on the back... :D

Interesting, I usually remove the modular backplates, and screw the phones to the wall proper. My duplex doesn't have a wall jack, though I have several I could install.

I understand, though; something different than what is common, where you're at makes for a collectible, as well as a good conversation piece. GPO stuff is pretty ho-hum there, but comparatively scarce here...Classic Supply and Demand scenario... ;)

Hope all is quite well in your neck of the woods, and looking forward to talking to you again soon, mate.

Best regards, 'Bloke!

Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

twocvbloke

Cortelco 2554 phones don't have a modular backplate, it's all integrated into one plate on the back of the phone, so I demodularised it by pulling the plug off the back, which I wish I didn't do, cos it' be handy now, but I did that to mount it directly to the wall cos at the time it'd have cost too much to have the proper wall jacks sent over, but now I have some (the arrived today) I want to undo what I did... :D

I can rig something up temporarily to make it look normal anyway, so not much of a problem... :)

Just have to decide where to put one of the jacks in the kitchen, over where the Master phone socket is, or on the opposite wall where a dead alarm control panel was... :D

twocvbloke