News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Stromberg Carlson Ringer - Help Identify

Started by flatlander, December 05, 2013, 05:21:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flatlander

I have enclosed what looks a straight line ringer for a 1543. However I have never came across a four wire ringer like this. Will it work on a 1543 and if so how is it wired? Thank in advance for any help

Contempra

Quote from: flatlander on December 05, 2013, 05:21:17 PM
I have enclosed what looks a straight line ringer for a 1543. However I have never came across a four wire ringer like this. Will it work on a 1543 and if so how is it wired? Thank in advance for any help

on this site you have this for this kind of phone and probably the ringer-----Scroll down and you'll see a pdf for your phone. At least your ringer.

http://www.telephonecollectors.info/index.php/browse/document-repository/sc-practices/cat_view/274-stromberg-carlson-practices

unbeldi

Quote from: flatlander on December 05, 2013, 05:21:17 PM

This is a No. 85 straight line ringer with two windings in the coil, much like the Western Electric C4A that you find in 500-series sets.
The #85 was used in  the 1546 telephone.  Are you sure you have a 1543?

This ringer permitted various signaling options, like the WeCo model. For simplicity on an individual line with bridged ringing you can simply connect the two coils in series.

Let me find the diagram....

unbeldi