Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

JorgeAmely

Harry:

Thanks for the link. It is in my list to watch.
Jorge

HarrySmith

YW Jorge.
Me too ;)

"somebody" from Michigan is not on our ebay handles list ???
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

deedubya3800

Quote from: KeithB on September 29, 2010, 01:12:09 PM
Quote from: deedubya3800 on September 29, 2010, 11:34:34 AM
Check out this little (soon-to-be) beauty I snagged the other day for $7.95 Buy It Now, plus shipping, within 2½ hours of listing. According to USPS, it cleared a sort facility in Jersey City this morning. They're out there, and some of them can be had cheap. The true value of this one? More than eight bucks, I'm sure.
I'm certain with a replacement handset cord and a bit of cleanup and polishing, it should value at more than $25 to $35, certainly.

This may actually become my first restoration project phone. From the outside, it only looks like it needs some superficial work. I'll have to check out the cord. The seller says that it works fine except that it won't ring. I'm hoping that it's just wired to ground, which has been the case with all but one phone I've had that didn't ring, and it was just disconnected. She'll get her own thread once she arrives. :)

Quote from: HarrySmith on September 29, 2010, 03:26:49 PM
Just perused eBay a little and found a number of 500's for under $20.00, both Black & colors.

I know it, I have my eyes on a couple green ones. And a yellow one, too, but it's not nearly as old as the others. 8)

Kenny C

i got my green from 1965 for 20.00 localy
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Kenny C

what does the lett
Quote from: Dennis Markham on September 29, 2010, 11:58:51 AM
.  There was a date stamp with the two-digit year inside a circle.

What does the letter stand for I have 2 cases 1 is a 1962 and the other a 1965 and they both have a C does thats stand for Cincinatti ?
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Dennis Markham

I don't know what the letter designates.  I THINK it is a production code, rather than a manufacturing location. 

rp2813

If you are not inclined to make the needed wiring modifications in order to connect a hard-wired 500 to a modular wall jack, there is nothing wrong with a modularized 500.  It will still have a nice ringing sound, and if you get one that had been refurbished when modularized, you could end up with a fairly early chassis that has some weight to it.  For that matter, you can also find similar quality in a model 2500, which is the touchtone version of the 500.
Ralph

Jim Stettler

Quote from: HarrySmith on September 29, 2010, 04:05:42 PM
YW Jorge.
Me too ;)

"somebody" from Michigan is not on our ebay handles list ???

109 court is a telephone  collector. He is a member of at least 1 of the clubs.
Dang if I can remember who it is.
If I remeber I will advise Teryy.
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.