News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

My Collection of Rotary Phones - m1898

Started by m1898, December 12, 2011, 02:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m1898

My small collection of rotary phones. I have some 2500s that I may post later. I do not have a permanent display, yet. The phones are as follows:

Back row: WE 554 A/E built 11-68. refurbished 9-70. This is the phone I used in my darkroom. My first rotary.  Next is an ITT 554 built 7-69 (I think). Refurbished 4-74. This phone came with a wood backplate #1728-3. My son got it from a friend. He had to take it off the wall as it was still connected.

Front row: WE 500 C/D built 5-55. The dates on phone itself all match. case says 63. Handset date 1963. It showed up on my doorstep today, needs more cleaning. The one next to it is a WE 500 C/D built 9-64. All dates match. The next is a WE 500 C/D made (originally) 1955. Refurbished 9-75 with many parts replaced. The last one is a Stromberg-Carlson 500 DO made 4-83. My neighbor lady gave this one to me.

All phones work.
"Oh lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, I get better looking each day"

m1898

Since someone else opened this door, I am posting my non rotary 2500s.

Top photo front row. First is a WE 2500 DM originaly biult as a 1500 D 9-65, rebuilt 4-76. The next one is an ITT/Cortelco  built 4-96. The last is a Cortelco built 8-99.
Back row. The first is a GTE/Cortelco built 4-96. The next is a Premier built 4-83. We used this for a short time. The last one is a Unisonic model 7441. This is a two line phone with hold. We used this one for several years, but I got tired of having to replace batteries in it.

Bottom photo. The first one is a Cortelco (in name only) made in China. I bought seven of these new. Five of them will be used on my model railroad. The next is another I bought new. It is an Ameriphone 2500 BA, of which I have two. One is our daily driver.
"Oh lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, I get better looking each day"

m1898

My latest addition. Built 9-59, looks all original. I have all five lines working now, of course I can only use one at a time.

Update: I now have a number cover on the dial center.

m1898

Latest additions.

AE_Collector

Looking good m1898. Got some color happening there now! I like the Trimline and/or AE Styleline phones as well as the Princess or AE Starlite phones.

Terry

m1898

Thank you. The yellow trimline came from Goodwill as did the Princess. The orange Trimline and brown wall verson came from the 'bay. The brown table model was rescued from a dumpster. The case on the handset had to be glued back together as it was broken into a few pieces, but it still works.

southernphoneman

southernphoneman

Quote from: m1898 on December 12, 2011, 02:10:17 PM
My small collection of rotary phones. I have some 2500s that I may post later. I do not have a permanent display, yet. The phones are as follows:

Back row: WE 554 A/E built 11-68. refurbished 9-70. This is the phone I used in my darkroom. My first rotary.  Next is an ITT 554 built 7-69 (I think). Refurbished 4-74. This phone came with a wood backplate #1728-3. My son got it from a friend. He had to take it off the wall as it was still connected.

Front row: WE 500 C/D built 5-55. The dates on phone itself all match. case says 63. Handset date 1963. It showed up on my doorstep today, needs more cleaning. The one next to it is a WE 500 C/D built 9-64. All dates match. The next is a WE 500 C/D made (originally) 1955. Refurbished 9-75 with many parts replaced. The last one is a Stromberg-Carlson 500 DO made 4-83. My neighbor lady gave this one to me.

All phones work.
very very very cool 554s and 500s

m1898

Latest additions part 3

m1898

My latest find. It is a WE 500L/M made 7-76. It is all original. Paid more for shipping than the phone itself cost.

Matilo Telephones

Very nice addition. How much did you pay for it?

Enjoyed looking at the pics of your collection. You collect Rotary phones 1945 - 1980? Or would you discribe it differently yourself?
Groeten,

Arwin

Check out my telephone website: http://www.matilo.eu/?lang=en

And I am on facebook too: www.facebook.com/matilosvintagetelephones

m1898

My oldest rotary is 1953. I mainly collect phones based on the model 500 family (desk, wall, etc). Most are just plain old everyday phones, nothing fancy. Some I try to spruce up a little, but none of them look mint.
                                                          Jim

Contempra

You've a very nice collection m1898 . congrats. I mainly collect 500 and 554 too..... Sorry for the English , this is not my main language ;)

m1898

Your english is fine. I know people who have lived here all their lives that can't speek it as good as you.
  Jim

Contempra

Thank you very much m1898 for your comment . I appreciate it ;)