News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

My $5 Soft Plastic 500, before and AFTER!

Started by Snake, April 05, 2012, 10:36:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snake

After many weeks of waiting, and all of Dennis' blood, sweat, and tears. The $5 soft plastic is finished and back into my hands!

For reference:               ~Find of the Month: http://tinyurl.com/7jdbbzb
                                   ~Original Thread: http://tinyurl.com/7ygyeor

For those that didn't hear, Dennis took my phone for a restoration. He did an amazing job of course, and turned my $5 find into my "dream phone"!

BEFORE:

AFTER!:

If it isn't obvious by the photo's, Dennis has many hours into the sanding, cleaning, and polishing of the phone.
The yellow cloth cord's were my idea. I had Mike at OldPhoneWorks custom make the lines for the phone. I think they look amazing. But don't worry, the originals weren't tossed out! Dennis did a perfect job of repairing the original handset cords as well.

Here are some home photo's of mine I took of the phone:

At my cluttered desk:

Close Up:

And this one's why they call me the Reptile Master!

The snake is a Albino Ball Python, appropriately named "Q-tip". I just happened to have a snake to match the phone!

A big thanks again to Dennis for his beautiful work!

JorgeAmely

Dennis has a boat load of that magic pixie dust that turns old tired phones into brand new out-of-the-box phones. Congratulations!

Jorge

Snake

Quote from: JorgeAmely on April 06, 2012, 12:21:38 AM
Dennis has a boat load of that magic pixie dust that turns old tired phones into brand new out-of-the-box phones. Congratulations!

I think Dennis puts a little more then pixie dust into his phones, but he certainly does work magic!

liteamorn

Wow is all I have to say, a great job on a beautiful phone! The snake creeps me out though :).

twocvbloke

I think you used too much bleach on that snake.... :D

The phone looks superb though, nice and shiny inside and out... ;D

Dennis Markham

Tristan, I was happy with the results of the phone.  It's nothing magical, anyone can do it with some practice and patience.  I enjoyed helping you get your phone the way you wanted it.  Enjoy using it!

You're going to have to clean that corner now where that snake touched it. :)  Do you have a snake in each of the original colors of the soft plastic sets??

Dan/Panther

Dennis;
The work of a Master Craftsman.
Looks gorgeous.
As always.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Dan/Panther

Wow! I just noticed those are cloth covered cords..
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Snake

Quote from: Dennis Markham on April 07, 2012, 12:17:32 PM
Tristan, I was happy with the results of the phone.  It's nothing magical, anyone can do it with some practice and patience.  I enjoyed helping you get your phone the way you wanted it.  Enjoy using it!

You're going to have to clean that corner now where that snake touched it. :)  Do you have a snake in each of the original colors of the soft plastic sets??

I am enjoying using it, very much.

And I actually gave the snake a bath before I used her in the photo. I wanted to prevent me messing up the polish by having to clean it ::).
Right now, I actually just have 3 or 4 matching snakes to the soft plastic sets  ;).

Snake

Quote from: Dan/Panther on April 07, 2012, 01:41:40 PM
Wow! I just noticed those are cloth covered cords..
D/P

Yes, there an absolute joy to use, and look great too!