News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Turquoise '64 500

Started by finlover, September 23, 2009, 09:07:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

finlover

I promise I'm not trying to toot my own horn here, but I thought you guys might like to see the "one year only" Turquoise phone I currently have on ebay.  It's more interesting than my usual offerings.  My last two ebay phones didn't bring great money, let's hope this one does better.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190336653540&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT
( dead link 08-04-21 )

Dennis Markham

Greg, I did see your auction.  Very nice again.  The photos look Aqua to me.  I read your listing and know that it is Turquoise, but only in one of the pictures, the one with the housing removed, viewing it from the back does it look Turquoise.  It's more than likely my monitor which seems to be a bit dark. 

It looks like the auction is doing well so far with more than 4 days to go.  Excellent presentation as always.

P.S., That's a pretty wide watch band you have there.  That watch must weigh a ton! :)

foots

Finlover, that phone looks great. You've done a very good job on it.  I hope to someday find a hardwired touchtone in that color.
  Dennis, I think that color is difficult to photograph. It looks turquios on my moniter but I have seen several others that were impossible to tell. I've noticed also that light beige sometimes looks like light gray or ivory, ect.
  I too noticed that watch band. I like watch bands like that. Not to get off subject but do you by any chance have a picture of your watch?
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

jsowers

Dennis, it's not just your monitor. It looks aqua blue to me too, on two different laptops. There's already a huge thread on identifying this color, if anyone cares to look, with some great pictures. I've always found natural light to be the best for trying to capture turquoise, and it's not easy to do. Some cameras do a better job than others.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=530.0
Jonathan

Dennis Markham

I split this topic here where Finlover displays his beautiful watches.  I titled it Wrist Watches and put it in the Off-Topic section so we could continue the discussion.  Here is the link to the new topic:

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=1535.0

Dan/Panther

Turquoise/Aqua are going to continue to be a topic of discussion, as long as two people collect phones.
Finlovers phone looks Aqua on my monitor, but 64 is defineately Turquoise.
I'm looking at my Aqua and Turquoise phones on my shelf nest to each other and the Turquiose has very distinct mint color to it, but in photos by itself, you can easily get confused.
BTW, Fin another great presentation.
Good luck with the 200 mark again.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Dan/Panther

Finlover;

I lied.... >:(
I'm Turquoise, Green, Purple ( whatever color you want to call it )  with envy, and I hope you don't get another bid, on the darn thing.. >:( ;D :o :D
D/P ;)

JorgeAmely

Dan:

Did you take all your Turquoise, Green and Purple pills today?  ;D
Jorge

finlover

Quote from: Dan/Panther on September 23, 2009, 06:17:21 PM
Finlover;

I lied.... >:(
I'm Turquoise, Green, Purple ( whatever color you want to call it )  with envy, and I hope you don't get another bid, on the darn thing.. >:( ;D :o :D
D/P ;)
Thanks for your honesty, Dan.  You should get in on the auction action and place your bid!  I'll do a "Buy It Now" for a bottle of your turquoise, green and purple pills.

Dan/Panther

Yes as a matter of fact I took two of each, and now I'm seeing Red.....
D/P.. :o

Dan/Panther

Finlover;
If you get 200 for the phone, I plan to take all of the rest of the pills myself.... :D

D/P

Dennis Markham

Now we know why Finlover can afford all those fancy watches! :)

Dan/Panther

If he ever goes swimming with those watches on, that will be the last we'll hear from him. They'll take him to the bottom.
D/P

finlover

You guys know that I'm full of hot air--I'm UNSINKABLE!

Dan/Panther

I was leaning more towards Bologna..
D/P