tired of the links just go here
Item number 280528435793
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Greg G.

A 6-pin to USB adaptor?  ???

http://tinyurl.com/2996y5c
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Dennis Markham

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Dennis Markham

Harry, if your question relates to the links....last night when I looked at this post (I think it was this one) Kenny had posted a long link.  It didn't work.  I think maybe all of it didn't get posted.  Instead he posted the item number (on this post) which comes back to that 6-pin adapter.  He may have removed the original post.  I think Brinybay was asking if the six-pin cable was in fact the item Kenny wanted us to see.

I put the reminder about long links and using TinyURL as it was timely with the link issue that Kenny had.  We had some problems early on with the forum because of long links, mostly from eBay that caused the forum software to extend beyond the margins.  I think that's been resolved but a shorter link will prevent this from happening.

Back to our regularly scheduled programming...............

Kenny C

In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

HarrySmith

WOW! Awesome phone! Shipping seems a little high!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

McHeath

Yeah I found this phone last night prowling E-Bay.  It's pretty nice, NOS moss green 500 dated 1967 with box and all packaging.  Sure is pretty when it's new eh?

Greg G.

Quote from: Kennyc1955 on July 02, 2010, 12:24:05 PM
try 280528435193

That's better, you were just one digit off.  Nice phone.  http://tinyurl.com/247b578
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Greg G.

Quote from: HarrySmith on July 02, 2010, 12:58:02 PM
WOW! Awesome phone! Shipping seems a little high!

Shipping is usually high on ebay phones.  It says $14.75 on my end.  Right now, (12:30, 7-2) the next min bid is $10.45, added together - $25.20, still a good price for a NOS pre-Ma Bell break-up phone.  You can always ask them to ship it flat rate.  More important though, is getting them to pack it well.
- Mike Row
e

HarrySmith

For me shipping is $25.20! Way high! Of course if I win it I will request well packed in medium flat rate box. I ship all my phones that way for $11.00.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Greg G.

Quote from: HarrySmith on July 02, 2010, 03:47:12 PM
For me shipping is $25.20! Way high! Of course if I win it I will request well packed in medium flat rate box. I ship all my phones that way for $11.00.

Cheaper for me because it's in Idaho, I'm in Seattle.  I would only save a few dollars on flat rate, whereas for you, flat rate is the only way to go.  I'm not bidding on it, I already have a similar green 500 from 63, although it's not NOS like that.
- Mike Row
e

Dennis Markham

My 2 cents worth on shipping in a Medium Flat Rate box...... For those of us that have shipped phones in this box and know how to pack it, it's still a case of holding ones breath until the phone arrives.  The box is small.  Now that they're making them bio-degradable the cardboard seems thinner than ever.   For a non-phone person to SAFELY pack a phone in that small box it's very risky.  To me the extra three or four bucks to get the Large Flat Rate box for just under $15 is a better bet. 

If they're shipping by weight in the normal Priority box that price is about right.  $23 to get it here to Detroit...assuming they're charging for insurance.

Kenny C

do you guys expect it to go high?
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

JorgeAmely

I would say 50-80 dollars. But it is NOS, so it could go over $100. Ebay being so finicky, it could just sit there and sell for $10.

In other words, I really don't know. If they offered it to me for $20, I would buy it. Over that, they can keep it.
Jorge